Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   sorta deep w/ xorbie (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473675)

BGnight 08-09-2007 11:04 PM

Re: sorta deep w/ xorbie

[ QUOTE ]
River is without a doubt a fold imo. Your range for c/c the turn are sets and flushes, and he knows that, and I don't think he is going to try to push you off those hands often. On the river, you either boated up or have some kind of flush, likely a strong one. Occasionally he is going to be bluffing here but I think you're being taken to valuetown > 80% of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. Another part of me during the countdown was thinking that he knows what I have and therefore it's very unlikely for him to be bluffing since I'm just a TAGfish and can't fold a heart [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'LL NEVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

aislephive 08-09-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
river is a really bad place to bluff though loot, wouldn't you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

no?

why would you think it is?

because hero might have QQ/JJ and just boated?

bah no way.
very more likely he has ThTx or KhQx and will have a tough time calling down here.

Im sure Xorbie knows this and is just going to run your ass through a grinder because of it.

I cant think of a better place to turn black kings or aces or something into a bluff for that matter if you are willing to fire multiple shells.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your average 1/2 player is snap calling with any reasonable flush here, hence why it's a really bad spot to bluff. Trying to get people off of good hands in reraised pots is almost never a good idea, anyways.

futuredoc85 08-09-2007 11:08 PM

good fold, he didnt bet the turn that small w/ K9o no heart IMO especially given that he didnt shove river.

BGnight 08-09-2007 11:08 PM

So besides my flop bet being a tad small, does everyone think c/calling the turn is good here?

Unknown Soldier 08-09-2007 11:18 PM

i prefer c/c flop

xorbie 08-30-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good fold, he didnt bet the turn that small w/ K9o no heart IMO especially given that he didnt shove river.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I had K9o. Was searching for my name to find a different thread and found this post. Interesting hand that I remember, and it was definetely a bad spot to bluff for me as I said. Keep in mind that I'm more likely to dump off a lot of money as it is playing a bit low for me so even being deep it might seem like less to me.

Now I do personally call with pretty much any hand that has the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in it, but you don't know that which is what makes the bluff bad, IMO... also I think there was a hand right before this that made me do it. Can't remember now what that was though.

Snipe 08-31-2007 01:07 PM

Am I the only one who b/f the turn? Our hand pretty much has no value at this point so are we trying to
a) Outplay a good, tricky, aggro player oop who certainly has it in him to fire 2 delayed barrels making it very tough for us or
b) Spew for no good reason?

If for some reason I did for some reason c/c the turn, I'd definately fold the river for reasons stated above.

Isura 08-31-2007 01:12 PM

I honestly think turn is a fold. Flop bet is pretty much a bluff here. I prefer to check/call (maybe even check/fold) the flop since I think since he won't fold better, and will often float us/raise and make us give up decent equity in the pot. I think river is close, since you shouldn't be always folding hands this strong to him after calling turn.

Bulletproof Monk 08-31-2007 01:24 PM

what are you doing playing so low xorbie?

anyway i dont like the flop betsize and i call the river (decided this before reading results). if your planning to fold then the place to do it is the turn