Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   WSOP Pay Per View (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444603)

ryanghall 07-14-2007 05:31 AM

Re: WSOP Pay Per View

Anyone know if this will be available in Canada? I still see nothing on the Viewer's Choice website [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ryan

namisgr 07-14-2007 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last years was one of the coolest things I've ever watched on TV, and I am not a big tv poker guy. I reccomend buying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. Without the hole cards you view the action as if you're at the table and going through some of the same thought processes as the players. Plus, it makes for entertaining guest commentary from the pros as they try to read the strengths/weaknesses as the action unfolds. Hellmuth, for one, is great at it and an enjoyable listen.

No brainer for 20 bucks.

Bidz 07-14-2007 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last years was one of the coolest things I've ever watched on TV, and I am not a big tv poker guy. I reccomend buying it.

[/ QUOTE ]
preach on

it was worth double

You know it's good when you don't even care that others were getting it for free when you paid for it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Terrapin Soup 07-14-2007 12:06 PM

I got it for free, but I would have paid for it. And I'm not a Phil Gordon fan by any means, but he was pretty solid at doing hours upon hours of commentary and interacting with the other pros they rotated in every half hour.

BenTurpen 07-14-2007 12:12 PM

Some guy in the televised section said they would be showing hole cards. He didn't post a source, but I aswell hope there are no hold cards. It's much more exciting without them.

RacersEdge 07-14-2007 12:19 PM

Phil Gordon was great last year. The thing had a cool vibe going - people playing for $12 million, but none of the over-produced BS most big sporting events get. I hope it stays the same and none of the ESPN "regulars" are anywhere near Vegas for this show.

Is this in HD?

freekobe 07-14-2007 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some guy in the televised section said they would be showing hole cards. He didn't post a source, but I aswell hope there are no hold cards. It's much more exciting without them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be no hole cards.

ryanghall 07-14-2007 02:02 PM

Looks like Canadians are screwed. This is an email from Viewer's Choice:

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your email. Here at Viewer's Choice Canada, it is always
a pleasure to hear from our subscribers and to address any questions you
may have.

Poker events have always proven to be popular with our viewers.
Unfortunately, however, we were not able to obtain the broadcast rights
for this year's event.

Isura 07-14-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know if this will be available in Canada? I still see nothing on the Viewer's Choice website [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

It was available last year. They don't advertise till the last minute.

ryanghall 07-14-2007 02:28 PM

That's what I figured but see above email.

Ryan