Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   soap c/r (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543581)

PokerBob 11-12-2007 03:57 AM

Re: soap c/r

[ QUOTE ]
a jack would make it much less likely he has JJ and it would then change the weighting of his hand ranges

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't change the fact that we cannot raise the river and cannot fold the river, and thus changes nothing.

hoppscot22 11-12-2007 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a jack would make it much less likely he has JJ and it would then change the weighting of his hand ranges

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't change the fact that we cannot raise the river and cannot fold the river, and thus changes nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm... i guess it really doesnt change that fact because i have completely discounted KJ, just stopped thinking about it entirely.

PokerBob 11-12-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm... i guess it really doesnt change that fact because i have completely discounted KJ, just stopped thinking about it entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is not a single hand that soap can have here that we beat if 2 bets go in on this river.

gameoverjc 11-12-2007 08:45 AM

woah for some reason i thought it was capped at 4 bets pfr didnt see u 5 bet capped.

ditto on what others said, and i call down on turn vs a solid player.

i thought the laggy businessman cr'd the turn... my fault.

jskills 11-12-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uuu, there is another player in this hand. I mean, i guess there are 4 hands soap can have. Ak, AA, KK, or JJ. You 5 bet the flop and he still c/r both of you, that strongly discounts AK. I am not good enough to fold this, but I sure as heck don't 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Sure smells like JJ UTG to me. I call down and cry that I lost the drunk's dead money to a better hand.

jskills 11-12-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...sb is drunken business man who is a complete goon and does not understand the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

that's all i need to know. i give him a lift to 3 town. i don't ever slow down here against these types. ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG is a 2+2er who opened, called 2 more back to him PF, 5 bets on the flop, and is now check raising the turn vs. 2 opponents. And you 3 bet?

ship it pls 11-12-2007 09:59 AM

i was not trying to imply i liked the way i played this hand, but it was out of the ordinary and needed critique

i realize i am 50-50 w/ soaps range preflop, but wanted to make the hand play out easier post flop with him stuck in the middle

flop i agree that i should have called the 4 and raised the turn to get sb out of there more easily

turn i also agree was wrong, i thought i was ahead of more hands at the time, but aftermath i would not 'protect' my hand being that i am not winning in this spot

river i paid off ui after he 4-bet...

awful all the way around

hoppscot22 11-12-2007 10:24 AM

and he had JJ?

ship it pls 11-12-2007 10:51 PM

QcTc... i wouldn't think JJ 4-bets there anyhow though, would you?

MitchL 11-13-2007 03:13 AM

What does everyone think of Soaps turn line?