Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   jimmy rollins NL MVP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550681)

Mondogarage 11-20-2007 03:52 PM

Re: jimmy rollins is a yambag

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't be able to win league MVP if you're not even MVP of your own club, just sayin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he said they were the team to beat!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and they were. Beat, that is.

Needle77 11-20-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mbillie1's baseball awards

cy young: Tom Glavine (given ironically)
gold glove: Jose Reyes (given with favoritism)
MVP: Matt Holliday
player I most want to punch in the sack: David Eckstein
not MVP: Jimmy Rollins

[/ QUOTE ]

How is your MVP not Guillermo Mota? If it wasn't for him the Phils would have finished 2nd again.

vhawk01 11-20-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the annual bashing of the MVP winner by stat-heads who would prefer they just hand the trophy to the guy with the highest WARP or VORP or whatever statistical baseline they prefer

[/ QUOTE ]

Not whatever statistical baseline they prefer. Thats what the actual voters are doing. What the statheads would like is for them to hand the award to whichever guy maxes out the statistical baseline(s) that are objectively best as per correlation to winning.

Its a pretty significant difference.

Zach Belden 11-20-2007 03:57 PM

WOOO BACK TO BACK WHATUP!

i like rollins' double cockslap to tulo AND holliday. woo, thats payback (im not bitter)

kylephilly 11-20-2007 04:00 PM

PHILLAY

mbillie1 11-20-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the annual bashing of the MVP winner by stat-heads who would prefer they just hand the trophy to the guy with the highest WARP or VORP or whatever statistical baseline they prefer

[/ QUOTE ]

Not whatever statistical baseline they prefer. Thats what the actual voters are doing. What the statheads would like is for them to hand the award to whichever guy maxes out the statistical baseline(s) that are objectively best as per correlation to winning.

Its a pretty significant difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure 4/5 of this board sees the world in Neo vision from "The Matrix" ... just a series of green letters and numbers

<font color="green">P E C O T A j i m m y r o l l i n s 2 0 / 2 0 / 2 0 / 2 0 / 2 0 / b a s e b a l l s h o u l d n e v e r e v e r b e e n j o y e d u n d e r a n y c i r c u m s t a n c e s V O R P / W A R P / z o m g s o m e o n e k n o w s a b o u t S A B E R M E T R I C S i j u s t c a m e i n m y p a n t s </font>

Hollywade 11-20-2007 04:03 PM

I think Matt Holliday clearly should have won. The 20/20/20/20 thing is obviously very impressive. However, Curtis Granderson did the same thing and didn't sniff the MVP or the win a Gold Glove in the AL, despite being one of the top 5 defensive centerfielders in the MLB.

Looking at Holliday's absurd numbers, I think he got absolutely jobbed.

Hollywade 11-20-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like rollins' double cockslap to tulo AND holliday. woo, thats payback (im not bitter)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry Zach, but no it does not. Making it to the World Series&gt;winning the MVP or a Gold Glove.

Just ask Alex Rodriguez.

DonkeyKongSr 11-20-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure 4/5 of this board sees the world in Neo vision from "The Matrix" ... just a series of green letters and numbers

<font color="green">P E C O T A j i m m y r o l l i n s 2 0 / 2 0 / 2 0 / 2 0 / 2 0 / b a s e b a l l s h o u l d n e v e r e v e r b e e n j o y e d u n d e r a n y c i r c u m s t a n c e s V O R P / W A R P / z o m g s o m e o n e k n o w s a b o u t S A B E R M E T R I C S i j u s t c a m e i n m y p a n t s </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

metsandfinsfan 11-20-2007 04:09 PM

hollidays home/road splits made this a fairly easy decision