Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   books - sexually active main characters (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543664)

Kimbell175113 11-11-2007 09:38 PM

Re: books - sexually active main characters

pookvis 11-11-2007 09:43 PM

one of the things that annoys me about movies is that the characters dont look like people. I just got done watching the grinch that stole christmas, and the whole thing was completely animated. In real life, people arn't drawn!

zasterguava 11-12-2007 04:32 AM

Bukowski- Women.

Smell The Glove 11-12-2007 05:26 AM

That book that bukowski wrote about wizards and [censored] was pretty erotic.

Labarde 11-12-2007 05:27 AM

wtf blutarski is a published author?

its_just_me 11-12-2007 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one of the things that annoys me about movies is that the characters dont look like people. I just got done watching the grinch that stole christmas, and the whole thing was completely animated. In real life, people arn't drawn!

[/ QUOTE ]
you mean like....bambi wasnt real?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Zagga 11-12-2007 06:47 AM

With harry potter, there is no mention of it but there are quite a few mentions that could imply it. Harry and Ginny had "stolen moments" where they were "alone". The relationship between Hermoiny and krum was "more phyical". Ron was dating some girl in book 6 wich was heavily implied that they were doing other stuff too. Granted, this is a childrens book and the point of them having sex would really avert things from the main goal in the books, just like the fact that dumbledore was gay.

Anyways, thats just the harry potter case. OP is right in a lot of other things tho. One other thing that bothers me a lot is that in the real [censored] up world we live in. A guy that kidnappes a girl will have a high change he will rape her too.

Take for instance "Lois and Clark: New adventures of Superman". Lois gets kidnapped like every other episode in there? And NOT ONCE is she raped! None of the guys even tries, they just lock or tie her up. Now lois isn't BBV10 but she isn't that ugly too. Same goes for so many other series/movies. (X-men movie 1, they kdinap the really hawt girl, and some uberman like sabertooth is there with them, IRL sabertooth would rape her over and over again. X-men 2: Mystique wants to [censored] with Wolverine, Mystique shows she can look any way he wants her to look and Wolverine still declines, YEAH RIGHT).

EDIT: The most realistic movies and series are Anime

phydaux 11-12-2007 09:05 AM

Good point, Zagga.

Getting really far afield, in the Batman stories The Joker kidnaped Batgirl I and Robin II (Barbera Gordon & Jason Todd). Ultimatly he shot both of them, killing Jason and paralizing Barbera from the waste down. It is hinted, however, that before killing them he savagly raped them both.

I'm just trying to guage how much sexual activity would be "too much" for a teenage main character in a "mainstream" novel. Naturally you can get away with more in a romance novel, but then you're getting away from mainstream.

SNOWBALL 11-12-2007 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For example, adults have sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of people on this forum have never had sex

EricW 11-12-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For example, adults have sex.

[/ QUOTE ]