Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Joe Torre = Dodgers manager (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534463)

centris 10-30-2007 01:14 PM

Re: Joe Torre = Dodgers manager

[ QUOTE ]
And in a big FU to the Yankees, the Dodgers (ugh) will sign Torre, A-Rod, Posada, and Mariano...

Naw, I'm sure the Dodgers don't have the payroll room, but ya never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick Mondo without looking it up what is the name of the Dodger's catcher? I really have a hard time believing you could write this if you knew anything about the current catcher situation for the Dodgers. They have one of hte best young (thus cheap) catchers in baseball.

Mondogarage 10-30-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And in a big FU to the Yankees, the Dodgers (ugh) will sign Torre, A-Rod, Posada, and Mariano...

Naw, I'm sure the Dodgers don't have the payroll room, but ya never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick Mondo without looking it up what is the name of the Dodger's catcher? I really have a hard time believing you could write this if you knew anything about the current catcher situation for the Dodgers. They have one of hte best young (thus cheap) catchers in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, I wish he were the Rockies catcher. Martin and Loney were the best players against the Rox in that 7 game September stretch. And Martin would have beaten out a couple plays Torrealba got thrown out on, in the playoffs. Half a level for you, son.

private joker 10-30-2007 01:28 PM

Grady was terrible; there was no team unity, no excitement, and very little development of our talent from 2006 to 2007. Good riddance.

I'm stoked about Torre, and if he brings Mattingly, A-Rod, and Rivera with him, then I may just have to drive down to Chavez Ravine next summer for a few games.

DonkeyKongSr 10-30-2007 03:47 PM

Not sure how I feel about this. I love the Dodgers and hate the Yankees, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Yank players coming this way, particularly A-Rod.

CharlieDontSurf 10-30-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grady was terrible; there was no team unity, no excitement, and very little development of our talent from 2006 to 2007. Good riddance.

I'm stoked about Torre, and if he brings Mattingly, A-Rod, and Rivera with him, then I may just have to drive down to Chavez Ravine next summer for a few games.

[/ QUOTE ]

0 chanche Mo leaves.

andy is the only Yank who could possibly split

Matt Williams 10-30-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

0 chanche Mo leaves.

andy is the only Yank who could possibly split

[/ QUOTE ]

Pettitte had a handshake deal that basically said he would retire before leaving the Yankees. He wanted a 2 year deal in case he wanted to play another year.

TMTTR 10-30-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pettitte had a handshake deal that basically said he would retire before leaving the Yankees. He wanted a 2 year deal in case he wanted to play another year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that Pettitte will likely sign with Yankees for 2008 and get a player option for 2009 similar to the one he has now... OR retire.

Can't remember where I read this, but I know I read it in the last 24 hours.

Matt Williams 10-30-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that Pettitte will likely sign with Yankees for 2008 and get a player option for 2009 similar to the one he has now... OR retire.

Can't remember where I read this, but I know I read it in the last 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exaclty, he wanted a 2 year deal last year. He probably wants another 2 year deal this year. The Yankees actually trusted him enough to give it to him last year. I'm sure they will do it again this year. He's super religious and is incapable of lying/BS'ing.

MEbenhoe 10-30-2007 04:14 PM

Pettitte is one of my all-time favorite yankees, and he still is a pretty solid pitcher. I say give him whatever he wants to stay another year.

Franchise 60 10-30-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pettitte is one of my all-time favorite yankees, and he still is a pretty solid pitcher. I say give him whatever he wants to stay another year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. Perfect kinda guy to have around the young guys for the next 2 seasons or so.