Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   T9s trips river fold (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551805)

Wolfram 11-22-2007 11:01 AM

Re: T9s trips river fold

The most likely hand for UTG is an overpair.
CO's range is a flush, 9x or a boat.

We have 18.4% equity vs CO's range. That's enough to call.

TheHip41 11-22-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The most likely hand for UTG is an overpair.
CO's range is a flush, 9x or a boat.

We have 18.4% equity vs CO's range. That's enough to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

**** poker stove, we have trips in a 14BB pot

Oink 11-22-2007 11:42 AM

Oh yeah I forgot its a 2/5 blind structure

Obviously makes preflop worse/less good. With a loose/bad BB I still call tho. If BB is tough I can prolly find a fold - altho its not exactly my forté

TheHip41 11-22-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah I forgot its a 2/5 blind structure

Obviously makes preflop worse/less good. With a loose/bad BB I still call tho. If BB is tough I can prolly find a fold - altho its not exactly my forté

[/ QUOTE ]

with a 2/3 structure, I'm calling PF. I'm not a supernit, just a nit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jph0424 11-22-2007 12:22 PM

Call this river every time. That was a bad fold. Also pf is ok. If cutoff does not cold call then I fold but as is you played it fine (until the river).

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-22-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore, it's probably best to check-call 1 bet on the turn and fold if it goes bet-raise.[/quote

uggh. We flop a monster, build a big pot, the turn check is so.....every gets a good chance to out draw us?

efficacy 11-23-2007 12:32 AM

I must say I am a little surprised that the vast majority of responders say that this fold is bad.

Normally I call in this spot, but I think I was swayed by the responses in PJ's recent "massive hero fold" where he folded the nut straight on the river getting 25:1 when I donked the rivered flush.

Shortly thereafter, I posted "massivish hero fold part two" thread where where I folded top two pair on the river getting like 25:1 where it was 'obvious' that my two pair was counterfeited.

In both of those threads, the overwhelming responses were 'that is a good fold', or 'easy fold', even though the OP in each thread was getting much better odds than I was in this particular hand.

I think the mistake I made in this hand was giving the player with donky-ish stats too much credit, as opposed to when PJ 'believed' that I had the flush every time because I am a "solid player" and played the hand exactly like a flush.

So, when you are in a spot like this vs a relatively unknown villain with donkeyish stats do you usually assign like 10-20% of his range to shenanigans?

River: CO bets, Hero folds, UTG calls.
Showdown: CO shows 55. Ship the pot to UTG's TT.

[censored] my [censored] you son of a [censored]! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Nothing tilts me like folding the winner.

Tryptamean 11-23-2007 12:43 AM

I've just been following this thread a little, but your post above is correct. multitable tag grinders are the most trustworthy opponents you can find. obv they still make moves, but like in PJs or one of heisenbergs river folds, you can be almost 100% sure of your fold based on the actions of a tag and pass up very long odds on a call.

fwiw, when I first read the hand, my instinct was you madea good fold. Howvever, this is also a leak of mine; I occasionally use bad judgment in spots like this and tend to be too foldy.

yellowjack 11-23-2007 02:26 AM

Players saying that this is a call PF are overestimating their postflop expectation.

milesdyson 11-23-2007 02:44 AM

but still, it is ten nine suited. it has to be close. pairs are good in Lhe and this hand can make decent ones, flushes, and the max # of straights.