Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   J8s 6-max playalong (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385346)

lautzutao 04-22-2007 03:48 PM

Re: J8s 6-max playalong

Again, easy raise. Your equity is high here w/ 3 along for the ride, pump the pot as much as possible.

BigBadBabar 04-22-2007 03:49 PM

where's boz when you need him, lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bennyhana 04-22-2007 03:51 PM

yeah, with that many callers, you start accumulating Sklansky bucks as fast as you can.

lautzutao 04-22-2007 03:53 PM

You said it yourself, you're probably on a freeroll("good" player calling T8 preflop from EP...?) w/ you drawing to a flush still. You have two people padding the pot for you, and there's nothing to say that if they ARE drawing to a flush it's better than yours. 4bet.

marchron 04-22-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You said it yourself, you're probably on a freeroll("good" player calling T8 preflop from EP...?) w/ you drawing to a flush still. You have two people padding the pot for you, and there's nothing to say that if they ARE drawing to a flush it's better than yours. 4bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
None of my opponents are "good." Of the two good players, one folded preflop and one folded on the flop.

I guess I'm a wuss then. I did cap, but I thought it was closer.

BB bets/raises with any piece until he meets resistance, then he calls down with any piece.
UTG is your garden-variety moron.
MP calls down with any draw, including unimproved pocket pairs.

UltimateBet 2/4 (6-max, 6-handed)

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>, <font color="#666666">SB folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">CO folds</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="green">marchron caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (29 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron</font> . . .

No improvement; just a one-card straight. Anybody see any value in a raise, or should I just go for the overcalls?

BigBadBabar 04-22-2007 04:10 PM

call going for overcalls, he knows you have a straight and still bets into you

lautzutao 04-22-2007 04:15 PM

Well now you're splitting at best, so there's no value in raising. Call and hope the other 2 follow suit.

Buzz-cp 04-22-2007 04:28 PM

cap turn &amp; go for overcalls on turn. everyone has said it all.

marchron 04-22-2007 05:09 PM

Well, [censored]. I thought this would be more interesting.

UltimateBet 2/4 (6-max, 6-handed)

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>, <font color="#666666">SB folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">CO folds</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="green">marchron caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (29 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>, BB calls, <font color="#666666">UTG folds</font>.

Final Pot: 31.5 BB (after rake)
<font color="white">MP had 8h Ts for the nuts, BB had 4c 7h for the idiot end.</font>

Hey Fritos, got any more of those sandwiches?

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 04-22-2007 05:25 PM

worst. playalong. ever.