Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ask Golden_Rhino about the Beer store. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309528)

tdarko 01-18-2007 11:31 PM

Re: Ask Golden_Rhino about the Beer store.

OTB,

You see a rainbow, you know the Beer Store is near.

Klompy 01-18-2007 11:31 PM

What percent of the people who come in do you consider "regulars"? How many people do you know by name? Do you get to take cases of beer home that have been damaged?

Golden_Rhino 01-18-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What percent of the people who come in do you consider "regulars"? How many people do you know by name? Do you get to take cases of beer home that have been damaged?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 50% are 'regulars'. I know about 50 customers by name, and the rest I know by the beer they order (I make the call when they are walking up).

Under no circumstance are we to take any beer home (unless we buy it of course). Once in a while Sleeman will throw us a free 6 pack.

tuq 01-18-2007 11:36 PM

GR,

Do you find yourself drinking more or less since you've started working there?

Any chance at banging any of the drunk broads that stumble into the store? Ever been propositioned? Remember, "if she smokes, she pokes".

Golden_Rhino 01-18-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GR,

Do you find yourself drinking more or less since you've started working there?

Any chance at banging any of the drunk broads that stumble into the store? Ever been propositioned? Remember, "if she smokes, she pokes".

[/ QUOTE ]

I drink a lot more than I used to. I now believe in "Out of sight, out of mind".

about 98% (estimate, not a stat) of our customers are male, and I work in a pretty high end neighborhood, I have never had a drunk chick walk in. The few girls that do come in are pretty hot, but I have a girlfriend, so I sell them their beer and tell them to have a good night.

Banks2334 01-18-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have become a big fan of Creemore Springs

[/ QUOTE ]
Creemore is fantabulous. That is all, carry on.

lippy 01-18-2007 11:52 PM

What do you do with people using fakes? Confiscate? Call the cops?

szw 01-18-2007 11:57 PM

Are you for or against privatizing liquor stores?

Golden_Rhino 01-18-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do with people using fakes? Confiscate? Call the cops?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We just tell them we can't sell to them and that's the end of it. To be honest, I was a little surprised by that when I started working there. By not calling the cops we are pretty much giving the punks free shots. The same guy came in twice in one night when there was a different cashier out front.

Golden_Rhino 01-18-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you for or against privatizing liquor stores?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it only makes sense to be able to buy liquor at the corner store, but since my income depends on that not happening, I say leave the law be until I finish school.