Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   25/50 I have a set, river 4 flushes and I call? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=486685)

fukkeneh 08-26-2007 08:34 PM

Re: 25/50 I have a set, river 4 flushes and I call?

call fold whatever. its purely situational and only you know whats best given the context of the session.

in mathematical terms we all know a fold is best.

Ship Ship McGipp 08-26-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
y'all know thats jman right?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure it's not, he's got a similar stars name tho

... as for the hand, i think i actually like this line.

king_of_drafts 08-26-2007 08:44 PM

jman is mrsweets, sweetluvin is a jerk

aislephive 08-26-2007 09:07 PM

I think this depends on how light he is capable of value-shoving this river. If it's purely the nut flush or a bluff, then I think you can make this call if he is capable of turning different made hands into a bluff. If he is shoving Qs/Js etc it becomes pretty hard to make this call profitable.

I think overall I would fold the river though.

pete fabrizio 08-26-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since he probably bets almost every hand that beats you (esp with only 1 psb left), this call seems like an unfavorable parlay to me, even if he is "capable" of turning a hand with showdown value into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think he shoves with Ax7s?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i don't know the guy, but i think he should, lots of people would, and he might. but even if it's like 50% that he shoves with the 7s, by the time you get to the 9s or Js, it has to approach 100%.

Heyway 08-28-2007 06:42 PM

Results Stinger???

Stinger88 08-28-2007 07:01 PM

he had QsQ, one of the only made hands that makes sense imo...that being said he's probably not turning an ace into a bluff as much as I thought so I don't like my call

durrrr 08-28-2007 07:38 PM

i think he has (or at least should have) Kxss some ok % of the time

leatherass 08-29-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played a lot vs sweetluvin and I really think he checks behind on the river with any moderate showdown value. He can be very donkish and I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him show up with KsTx or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with him some as well and I totally agree with this. When I read Stinger's initial logic it made sense and I tended to thin kcalling was OK. But the more I think about it I really think that a hand like ksx is very possible and even likely. Or a pair with a spade in it. I actually don't like a call here the more and more I think about it. Certainly not a no brainer fold here for sure though.

tsarast 08-30-2007 03:24 AM

Would sweetluvin call with a hand like A7o? I tend to think that's pretty poor play to call reraises with bad offsuit aces. And considering the As comes on the flop the only way he can turn a bad ace into a bluff (to get you off AK, AQ, etc..) is by calling with Axo preflop, taking a reasonable line to the river, then shoving to get u to fold a small % of your range (big offsuit aces with no spade), when he can still beat a huge part of your range.
That said I think you've outthought yourself on this one, and I think it's a fold. His check behind on the flop also lends itself to him having a big spade in his hand (though perhaps not the Ks)