Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I recorded a 2-7 TDL video (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265761)

2461Badugi 11-22-2006 04:47 AM

Re: I recorded a 2-7 TDL video

[ QUOTE ]

23:00 do snows really work at this level? i might have just dropped the 42 since it looks like they had "call any" checked. I THINK SNOWS WORK GREAT AT LOW LIMITS

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I'd say this snow was dead on the second-round coldcall. Then you're just building a big multiway pot for somebody else. The later two snows I like.

DeathDonkey 11-22-2006 04:53 AM

Again the commentary explains this and agrees with you 2461badugi. I'm just gonna put up another video with commentary ASAP so you guys can call me a fish after hearing my thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

2461Badugi 11-22-2006 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just gonna put up another video with commentary ASAP so you guys can call me a fish after hearing my thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have people stopped cutting out the rest of hands after they fold? That made the first videos much more watchable, IMO.

DeathDonkey 11-22-2006 05:11 AM

I use the time between playable hands to catch up on comments I wanted to make. I don't have trouble filling the time. Also I think it's important to see the flow of the game and things that occur between other players at the table, especially when playing 3-4 handed. Finally, it requires more work on my part to edit the video instead of just spewing out the whole thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

SumZero 11-22-2006 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I use the time between playable hands to catch up on comments I wanted to make. I don't have trouble filling the time. Also I think it's important to see the flow of the game and things that occur between other players at the table, especially when playing 3-4 handed. Finally, it requires more work on my part to edit the video instead of just spewing out the whole thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I think with the comments it wouldn't be so bad. I'm pro whatever produces the most videos.

*TT* 11-22-2006 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Again the commentary explains this and agrees with you 2461badugi. I'm just gonna put up another video with commentary ASAP so you guys can call me a fish after hearing my thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

DD - you can add comentary in Camtasia after the fact ya if you didnt already know...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

*TT* 11-22-2006 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
345 sb hand: CO LAGgish type opens, I 3 bet in SB, not standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is standard, it's no wonder you guys have such massive swings. Good God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry bud, I agree with Tapir - thats a fold, perhaps a borderline call. Give it up, not worth it from the SB. This is a game of position, you don't want to be drawing that rough - 345 is the equivalent of cold calling in the small blind with 234T double suited in O8, hoping to catch the miracle A on the flop.

*TT* 11-22-2006 01:35 PM

I recorded a 1 hour video this morning, I played while I was working (shhhh.. don't tell anyone I work with!) so I was barely paying attention yet I think I made some good decisions none the less. I couldn't find my headset so there is no audio unfortunately, but I did type into the text box while playing so I could communicate with you the viewer. There were one or two spots I know will be controversial or marginal plays.

Donkey - care to host it for me? Waiting for Tapir, Mark, etc etc etc to do their videos as well. Its about time we all did this.

HOWMANY 11-22-2006 06:13 PM

I thought you played REALLY bad from blinds and played way too loose in other positions. In HU you defended 67XXX and drew 3 on the button, you stole/defended stuff like 34XXX. 3bet with 345 out of small blind I didn't like. You also raised with stuff like 367/457/568 from anywhere from UTG to button which is never a good thing. I hated the 22344 snow against 2 people, I think you have to draw 2 on the last round because you built such a huge pot. The bad news is that I'd be surprised if you were a winner against these guys playing like this. The good news is that playing like this is super easy to fix since all you have to do is fold bad hands, as you played most your playable hands well. You definitely appeared to run bad as every time you had a 1 draw vs a 2 or 3 draw they'd catch up by the last draw and pull ahead on the river.

Then I had a couple small nitpicks. In one hand you've got 23489 and check/call on the last round and break, make #5 and end up winning. No clue what the other guy had, I don't even remember the action on the hand because I watched this at like 2 am, but I remember thinking that in this spot I would stand pat with the 98 and value bet the river. I think this was the guy that had called down with like a T7543 against your slightly worse Ten earlier so I think a 98 was very likely good already. There were a couple spots against "Numen" specifically I didn't like because he's SUPER passive/weak tight. He check calls/only calls on the end with super strong hands. One specific hand he checked to you after you both drew 1 and you bet J7432 (I assume for value) and he calls with 87542 or something. There was another where you ended with like a T7 on the end and you bet and he's got 87 perfect. I think against Numen a T7 is a check/fold on the end, unless betting as a bluff trying to fold a 9-better T is a mathematically more winning play than check/fold. Against an aggressive player your J high bet is good since the river check is either "I'll let you bluff into me" or "you win I don't want it". I also liked your fold with 87643 against Numen later in the video, I'm certain it was a good one.

In these games compared to the old UB games there's very little/no value in betting rough 9s through Jacks on the end because in my experience people are rarely calling on the end with worse than a 9 so far. The obvious solution to this is to bet bluffs and check crappy made hands with no value since they fold too much on the end, which means that instead of a rough T/J being a value bet, it's actually a bluff as these guys appear to be folding like anything worse than a 9.

Watching this video was fun, if I can figure out this newfangled technology on my dad's laptop when I'm at home for thanksgiving I'll make one. If I'm playing more than 1 table am I able to focus on just 1 table? I don't think I could take playing 1 table of 5/10 for an hour, but I don't want to let out my POWERFUL SECRETS in Stud 8.

DeathDonkey 11-22-2006 06:48 PM

Thank you for the detailed thoughts. I disagree with you about many of my heads up / blind steal/defense situation decisions but agree I played too loosely in some other spots. I didn't have very good reads on anyone and it seems like you do and are quite correct about Numen which I only learned later. When I broke that 98432 I was against J98 lol. The Jack high and T7 value bets are standard for me from aggro UB games, I need to tone it down a bit I guess.

It's easier to play just one table when you are doing audio commentary too, I recommend this.

-DeathDonkey