Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Post a difference between NFL and college rules (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532859)

WFDeac 10-28-2007 12:07 AM

Re: Post a difference between NFL and college rules

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In college, you have to have 4 players on each side of the ball when kicking off. In NFL, you can put all 10 on one side and create a clusterfuck on onsides kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless im mistaken, this rule has changed this year. The NFL has a minimum per side now as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my bad I'm dumb dumb dumb

TalkingDonkey 10-28-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Faceguarding is legal in the NFL

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have it backwards

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it just became legal in the NFL

If it's legal in college too, then my bad

Austiger 10-28-2007 12:30 AM

Horsecollar tackle only legal in college.

crzylgs 10-28-2007 01:00 AM

there's something about kicking

PokerFink 10-28-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Horsecollar tackle only legal in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because Roy Williams didn't learn how to Roy Williams people until he got to the NFL.

Needle77 10-28-2007 01:21 AM

Can't a team in college call back to back timeouts? I know you can't in the NFL.

jstnrgrs 10-28-2007 02:30 AM

In the NFL, the when a team makes a fair catch, they have the option to put the ball in play with a free kick from which they can score a field goal (known as a fair catch kick). In college this option doesn't exist.

jstnrgrs 10-28-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In college, the winner of the cointoss can defer and take the ball at the start of the second half. You cannot defer in the NFL, although you can in Madden.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to take your word for this, but I want to point out that defering is not the same thing as choosing to kick (or choosing sides). Defering means letting the other team choose from all of the options so that you can choose in the second half. Choosing to kick means that the other team will receive, choose sides, and have the first choice (of everything) in the second half. Choosing sides means that the other team gets to choose to kick or receive, and then they get the first choice (of evferything) in the second half.

The way that it is in madden, and EA NCAA football is not the way it is done in any real football league (that I know of).

d10 10-28-2007 02:49 AM

Isn't there a difference regarding the goal line? I know absolutely nothing about college football. And really I don't even know exactly what the new NFL goal line rule is, but I know last year it was different from the college rule.

suzzer99 10-28-2007 03:32 AM

Can the defense still return a 2-point try the other way for 2 points in college? Or did I just dream that?