Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Cardrunners.com Membership (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507978)

revlis87 09-24-2007 02:52 PM

Re: Cardrunners.com Membership

Guys,

Cardrunners is the best training tool on the internet, short of getting good private coaching which is far more expensive (and admittedly better probably). There is no better run site (delays on the launch are annoying, yes, but they are so that we all get a great product) and the customer service and skill level of the players sets it apart. We are talking about a few hundred bucks for knowledge and resources that will help you make 10's of thousands, fairly easily, if applied correctly. I mean, come on people get with the program and sign up. If this is too much money for you then poker probably isn't for you.

thirteen 09-24-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better between cardrunners and stoxpoker.com?

Stoxpoker is $20/month + $30 to start. So it is a bit cheaper but I don't know if their videos are as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen some of the stoxpoker NLHE videos. Stox is good, but my opinion was that Taylor's videos were better. I'm not 100% sure but I think Stox's strength is Limit Holdem, so its possible that his insight into LHE is much better than his NLHE videos.

Snipe 09-24-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better between cardrunners and stoxpoker.com?

Stoxpoker is $20/month + $30 to start. So it is a bit cheaper but I don't know if their videos are as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both and Stox sucks. Perhaps it's just user error, but the resolution on their videos is very bad.

Add to the fact that their instructors are good, but not world class players (no offense LeatherAss) limits the value IMO.

Cardruners, on the other hand, has abysmal support and their DRM is teh ghey. I can only stream vids at this point as the DL'ed ones won't work.

thirteen 09-24-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cardruners, on the other hand, has abysmal support and their DRM is teh ghey. I can only stream vids at this point as the DL'ed ones won't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when I had a membership I had quite few issues with the DRM. First off, It doesn't work an Mac's at all. Secondly, Even on my PC there were issues getting it to work properly. The streaming videos seemed to work only some of the time.

SlowHabit 09-24-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't work with the behind the scenes stuff so I'm not really sure when exactly the new site will be up, although I think it's very soon, but all I know is once it's up people won't be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's been 10 days since Taylor made this claim. Can I see results plzzz [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

StoxPoker 09-24-2007 04:00 PM

Sorry about the problem you had on the resolution.

We have continued to make improvements in it over the last few months. Are you having that problem on the videos of the last couple of months? On the new FLASH versions?

If you are no longer a Premium member, just let me know and I will upgrade you again for another 30 days just to check out the video quality again

sleepi 09-24-2007 04:08 PM

i seen that leatherass coach for stox shortstacking for 20BBS on stars. you want to learn from that kind of [censored]? the top 2 sites are and will always be cardrunners and pxf. CR for cash and PXF for MTTs.

ClubChamp04 09-24-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't work with the behind the scenes stuff so I'm not really sure when exactly the new site will be up, although I think it's very soon, but all I know is once it's up people won't be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope flash videos are not part of this upgrade. Taylor has said they will be limited to around 30 minutes so that isn't going to make a a lot of people happy. His videos are always short anyway though so I guess it will give him a good reason to cut them off after 30 minutes instead of thinking up new excuses everytime. Taylor, these excuses give off the impression that you think you're better than everyone else and your time is too valuable to make videos, what's up with that? Also, replayer vids don't thrill me either.

The title is very spammy btw.

stickdude 09-24-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another cardrunner employee always come into the threads about the site and make it a point to let everyone know that a new site will be up and ready very soon

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's spooky how accurately you called that one...

silver book 09-24-2007 04:42 PM

When is cardrunners gonna have that membership fair?