Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Latest AP press release (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541668)

PartyScout 11-08-2007 09:56 PM

Re: Latest AP press release

“Currently, thousands of people are playing on AP both for real money and for free. AP
is a safe, secure and fun place to play poker.”

[/ QUOTE ]

OH REALLY [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

bicyclekick 11-08-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

“At this point, all players known to have been adversely impacted by the security breach
have been fully reimbursed with interest. The amount that was illicitly ‘won’ by the
illegitimate accounts was approximately US$800,000. The amount reimbursed to players
by AP as a result of the security breach was approximately US$1,600,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still haven't gotten paid and when I looked up one of the players I had lost 4k to him.

They are so full of it.

CrushinFelt 11-08-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A known perpetrator was immediately terminated upon discovery

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

nsj 11-08-2007 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

• “There is no evidence of the current or past existence of a “super-user” account.
There is no player account in the AP system with the ability to see other players’
hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is this supposed to mean? If they didn't cheat by seeing the hole cards then how did they do it? Easy Button from Staples, or maybe Superman X-Ray Vision?

[/ QUOTE ]

• “The system breach was the result of a recent internal software release impacting
internal reporting. The breach was exploitable only by an authorized AP person
that manipulated the internal reporting software, together with the AP gaming
software. The security breach was not, therefore, the result of an external action,
and no individual outside AP could exploit the breach.

chuckbomb 11-08-2007 10:38 PM

Post deleted by Gildwolf

N 82 50 24 11-08-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by Gildwolf

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, wow, good attempt

mntbikr15 11-08-2007 10:44 PM

Few points

-They have already issued a previous statement or leaked info(dont recall which) saying that several accounts involved were not named by 2p2. I see no such account on that list.

-Many people have been shorted or not paid, inquiries into that fact are being ignored. I personally was only shorted a few hundred, but my inquiries have gone unanswered in any fashion for 11 days now.

-Sadly, given the evidence of hands, I actually am inclinded to believe that the cheating did only start on Aug 14th

NLfool 11-08-2007 10:48 PM

please don't let this go away. I can feel interest is waning on this subject and by the numbers AP's business seems to have gone on rather unaffected. Their lies in the beginning totally contradict so many things in this statement it's insulting to anyone who has kept up

mntbikr15 11-08-2007 11:08 PM

Another point-

I dont buy the whole "rouge consultant" [censored] that they were spewing earlier.

There is a lot of evidence that Steamroller belonged to an AP higher up/owner. Was that account just taken over by this "rouge"?

LuckyMux 11-08-2007 11:12 PM

Let's all remind ourselves...

Account #363 was created when AP was still an embryo.
Account #363 could blatantly see the hole cards on behalf of POTRIPPER.
Account #363 was being accessed from Scott Tom's house.

Scott Tom is still the de facto owner, boss, CEO, call-it-what-you-like-this-is-his-bloody-company of Absoloot Poker.

The reason these AP statements are still pure lies is because they are still coming from the chief fraudster himself; Mr Scott Tom.

There is no reason on God's Green Earth why AP still refuses to name and shame the 'one' (ha!) cheat, nor report them to the Costa Rican police. They have cost AP $1.6m, ffs!

Oh, my mistake. There's one really obvious reason: Scott Tom.

AP is beyond salvation.