Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   The Well: gobboboy (12.19.06) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286850)

gobboboy 12-19-2006 04:15 AM

Re: The Well: gobboboy

[ QUOTE ]
relationship/sexual background?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back on it, a few girls were interested in high school but I never made any moves. And these days I'm too lazy to really do anything, so no experience really.

gobboboy 12-19-2006 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo,

Every time you play live you seem to destroy the games, whatever you're playing. Then you come online and seem to have a sick run for the following week.

Why do you think this is? Concentration? You actually care about the money more when you can see it and touch it in front of you? It can't just be about reading people because your online play improves also.

Any tips for achieving this increase in ability?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's because I'm sick of sitting here at home for a month or more, so when I go out to play live I get excited and really want to succeed. So then I do. Then when I get home I'm relaxed and want to win online, so I do. It's really just being relaxed and concentrating that lets me do well. When I really get frustrated and just want to win, that's when I play bad and start to force things, which is what you don't really want to happen. Just let things come.

gobboboy 12-19-2006 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
/request story of you got into poker, where you made first deposits, detailed background, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll write this tomorrow morning.

RockMySocks 12-19-2006 04:18 AM

have you seen this???

holla balla

is that really you???

gobboboy 12-19-2006 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When will gobbo stop being so straightedge?

[/ QUOTE ]

An explanation on what he means:

I don't drink and don't plan to. My mom and my stepdad both drank and it led to some [censored] situations and I just have no interest in getting started on that. I have an addictive personality so I don't think it's smart to get started on drugs in general. Cigarettes too are just really dumb. gobbomom can be thanked for most of that.

gobboboy 12-19-2006 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
have you seen this???

holla balla

is that really you???

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

mlagoo 12-19-2006 04:21 AM

if your opponent went allin and you held AQ, do you HOLDEM OR FOLDEM

timex 12-19-2006 04:24 AM

Holy [censored], is that gobbo?

THAY3R 12-19-2006 04:25 AM

Why do I not FT tournies for a month, and then win like 6 tournies in 3 days, and then continue that cycle?

gobboboy 12-19-2006 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I not FT tournies for a month, and then win like 6 tournies in 3 days, and then continue that cycle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you're feeling good about your game until you start to run bad and then you start to play bad.