Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Depressing, but surely value long term future. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=230528)

Limpfold 05-07-2007 02:53 PM

Re: Depressing, but surely value long term future.

8800+

Lori 05-07-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im expecting the number to be higher than last year. What was it last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really curious as to why it should be higher. My original post was based on the premise that online sites would give people money rather than seats. Now that is actually fact, I'm pretty sure that it should be considerably lower.

If I'm missing something I'd love to know though, I'm into this one pretty heavy.

dankhank 05-07-2007 04:06 PM

you're fine i'd put under 7650 at -500

MicroBob 05-07-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im expecting the number to be higher than last year. What was it last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

coolmoedee - unless you know something that almost everyone else does not there is almost zero chance they will have more entrants than last year.

Party isn't in the U.S. anymore.

FullTilt and Stars are just giving their players the cash because they can't buy-in for them.
Many of the players who win their seats online will just keep the cash and not attend. This had never been an option for them before.

coolmoedee 05-07-2007 05:56 PM

You guys are putting way too much value on websites not having american's. All that means is there will be more Euro's in the tourney filling their spot. The entrants have gone up massively every year have they not! Just because some sites aren't allowing US players, this means nothing. I have been in the online poker industry for 8 years and this boom is still going and more and more people want a shot at the highest title in poker. Watch for the number to be bigger than last year.

ImStillBen 05-07-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are putting way too much value on websites not having american's. All that means is there will be more Euro's in the tourney filling their spot. The entrants have gone up massively every year have they not! Just because some sites aren't allowing US players, this means nothing. I have been in the online poker industry for 8 years and this boom is still going and more and more people want a shot at the highest title in poker. Watch for the number to be bigger than last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will bet you for as high as you can count that you're wrong. We can make the market on Matchbook. PM me.

brendanb438 05-07-2007 06:55 PM

coolmoedee I want some of that action too. I will offer you 8-1 odds. I have about $2400 available to put up against your $300 that it won't be a bigger main event this year than last year. PM me if interested.

-Brendan

coolmoedee 05-07-2007 07:11 PM

Obviously you guys are the favorite as everyone is thinking like you and I'm not sure enough to put that much money on it. I would be suprised if there isn't more entries this year than last. Lets leave it at that.

Homer 05-07-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously you guys are the favorite as everyone is thinking like you and I'm not sure enough to put that much money on it. I would be suprised if there isn't more entries this year than last. Lets leave it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he's offering 8-1 odds, so you only have to be right 11.1% of the time.

New001 05-07-2007 07:34 PM

Try offering him 1-8 instead, that seems to be more his liking [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]