Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   They be raising my cbetz :( (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538067)

ipokeder 11-04-2007 06:40 PM

Re: They be raising my cbetz :(

i hope you understand that if you think he's bluffing a lot, it'd make a [censored] of more sense to call the flop and c/c the turn ai and if he checks the turn, open shoving the river

aislephive 11-04-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope you understand that if you think he's bluffing a lot, it'd make a [censored] of more sense to call the flop and c/c the turn ai and if he checks the turn, open shoving the river

[/ QUOTE ]

He is probably never ever bluffing again after I call the flop. If he is bluffing and I call, it also gives him a free card when the pot is huge already, that's a pretty costly mistake.

wtf5 11-04-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I quite like this unless hes really good and not folding 8s

[/ QUOTE ]

mis-read history and didn't see it was a 3bet pot. I think a CRAI > 3 betting the flop. I don't like your line unless villain does this a lot.

ipokeder 11-04-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is bluffing and I call, it also gives him a free card when the pot is huge already, that's a pretty costly mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
no... no it's not. he has like, what, 6 outs?

and if he's never bluffing after you call the flop then the hand becomes very easy. just call. he won't bluff, and he is going to put you most of the time on an enormous hand, so even if he has 99/TT/JJ it's extremely possible that he will check back the turn and fold to a river shove.

Jamougha 11-04-2007 08:27 PM

Sometimes this may be correct, but if it is I would typically cold-call AQ pre. No-one else can tell you if this is the right play.

Colombo 11-04-2007 08:32 PM

I like this alot, I don't understand the hate it's getting.

Most players are incapable of raise/calling JJ- on this board. Not to mention that QQ+ probably just calls the flop bet a large % of the time. He has air a ton here methinks.

AAismyfriend 11-04-2007 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this alot, I don't understand the hate it's getting.

Most players are incapable of raise/calling JJ- on this board. Not to mention that QQ+ probably just calls the flop bet a large % of the time. He has air a ton here methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, his raise is air here way more than people seem to think.

LucidDream 11-04-2007 09:53 PM

wrong thread

gir 11-04-2007 10:19 PM

I prefer this with AK. It's not terrible...but I don't love it. His raise was somewhat large, so I'm just inclined to let it go at that point.

Fonkey123 11-05-2007 04:32 AM

Sick value push [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]