Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   OT: Holy [censored], I'm Getting Married! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515746)

gobbomom 10-04-2007 06:16 PM

Re: OT: Holy [censored], I\'m Getting Married!

oh yeah Rob, don't get too drunk, you'll regret it.

kleath 10-04-2007 06:16 PM

Congrats Kramer

NeedATimeMachine 10-04-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
congratulations. soon u WON'T have teh secks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confused1 10-04-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any of you old married men wanna throw out a word of advice that you wish you had when you first took the plunge?

[/ QUOTE ]

credentials - 40 yr old, happily married over my head for 18 years.

(1) For her: "Every man wants his wife to be a lady in front of his friends and a whore in the bedroom"

(2) Not every secret needs to be told.

(3) The best way to not break promises is to not make them. If you do make them, keep them. Trust is required in marriage and it's very hard to get back if you lose it.

(4) Under promise - over perform.

(5) Don't ever go to bed mad.

(6) Her clock isn't anywhere near finished at 24, enjoy each other. When kids come, there will be times when those memories you're making now will get you to the next day.

(7) If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

(8) Honor her and ask her to honor you. DO NOT talk bad about her to your parents/friends and ask that she doesn't also. Many times after you've gotten passed a small bump the in-laws/friends will hold on to that fault for a looooong time.

None of that should be new, but don't forget it.

Congratulations and good luck!!!!

10-04-2007 06:31 PM

Helluva post, Consuded. Thanks man.

Sherman 10-04-2007 06:34 PM

Congrats Rob!

As a person who just got married 2.5 weeks ago, I really can't say a whole lot. Here are a few thoughts:

1) I wasn't nervous at all until about 5 minutes before the ceremony started. Drink a few beers in front of the church/temple/etc. if you can...it's fun.

2) Make a post in this thread (or a seperate thread) about how great it is to be getting married to your fiance and how much she means to you. Then send her an e-mail and link it to her before the big day. She should love it.

3) Take at least a few minutes after the ceremony with your wife. It is a very busy and hectic day. Make sure you get a few moments with her after the ceremony (whether that be in a limo to the reception or in a broom closet in the church/temple/etc.).

4) Enjoy the day as much as you can. It all went really fast for me, so try to soak in as much as you can.

Congrats again!

Sherman

Crash0veride 10-04-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mazal Tov homie.

[/ QUOTE ]

ASPoker8 10-04-2007 06:38 PM

congrats man, go redsox!

sirio11 10-04-2007 06:38 PM

Congrats Kramer !!!

And as Pink Floyd would say:

"All you need to do is make sure you keep talking"

Zetack 10-04-2007 06:40 PM

You will from time to time find yourself in a fight that makes no sense at all but where you find yourself enraged beyond all reason. It will happen, it doesn't matter how much you love each other or how laid back and non-comabtive the two of you may be. Maybe you're an ass, maybe she's unreasonable, maybe a squirrel got in the effin dryer -- whatever.

Two things when that happens. Despite the fact that you're so angry you're really losing control of yourself, have enough self possession not to say anything that's over the line even if she is saying that kind of thing to you. You'll know what's over the line. You won't be able to take that back later, and even when you're all lovey dovey again, she'll remember those words. Second, when the fight is over, let it go as fast as possible - don't seeth, don't restart the fight, get over the need to be "right". Ask yourself if you enjoy being angry or enjoy having the woman that you love in your arms more.

Also, more generally, women really like to be listened to. Not all the time, necessarily, but at least occaisionally, really listen to her, give her your complete and undivided, uncritical attention.