Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Something I dont understand: How SBRUGBY withdraws money from FTP? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=416150)

luckyjimm 05-31-2007 11:31 AM

Re: Something I dont understand: How SBRUGBY withdraws money from FTP?

[ QUOTE ]
in b4 lock!

he uses wire transfers- anyone moving over 20k with FTP can

[/ QUOTE ]

So using wire transfer, how long will it take the high stakes players to deposit or withdraw money? Is it the same as a bank transfer where you have to wait almost a week?

kleath 05-31-2007 03:21 PM

The IRS doesn't give a tish how you get your money, as long as they get their cut. Drug Dealers are supposedly able to list their profession with no recourse.

crazymoose 05-31-2007 03:39 PM

Not only can they list their profession as "drug dealer" they get a business deduction for cost of goods sold.. although they can't take any of the other business deductions.

bkholdem 05-31-2007 03:48 PM

This raises a question for me. How much is US citizenship acutally worth in $? Do people really prefer to pay $400,000 and up on gambling winnings rather than renounce citizenship and emmigrate to a country that does not tax gambling winnings?

DonkBluffer 05-31-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This raises a question for me. How much is US citizenship acutally worth in $? Do people really prefer to pay $400,000 and up on gambling winnings rather than renounce citizenship and emmigrate to a country that does not tax gambling winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've thought about this. What if some of the bigger US winners would move to a country that doesn't tax poker winnings, even if just for a few years? They'd save hundreds of thousands of dollars.

PBJaxx 05-31-2007 03:58 PM

How exactly are they going to get citizenship in another country if all they are doing is playing online poker for a living?

KingDan 05-31-2007 04:01 PM

BK,

It's not so much living here,but the never allowed back that gets me to pay taxes.

MikeRice 05-31-2007 05:41 PM

FTP Doug comes with a oversize Publishers Clearing house style check to his front door.

gamblar 06-07-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP Doug comes with a oversize Publishers Clearing house style check to his front door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please be true!

pepeman 06-08-2007 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How exactly are they going to get citizenship in another country if all they are doing is playing online poker for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Nigeria.