Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   JC Tran controversy poll (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541962)

heater 11-09-2007 10:38 AM

Re: JC Tran controversy poll

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully away what the rule is in donkaments. The point is, its ability to prevent collusion is NOT effective enough to warrant overlooking these types of scenarios, such as the JC Tran video. This situation happens more than you're aware of i think.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Name three other instances where this has happened, ever.

Lee C 11-09-2007 10:39 AM

Looks like the rule is winning in the poll. Maybe you should rephrase the question though since it is clearly biased towards the current rule. I don't think that you are giving the "If a player folds their hand, for sake of tilt or any reason, they are held accountable by losing their right to win the pot, no showdown, hand is over....cards speak, just DONT do it" a fair chance.... maybe put it in bold and capitalize it or something.

0524432 11-09-2007 11:04 AM

not by much, which is the point

Temp Hutter 11-09-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with the biased phrasing your opinion is losing in the poll.

cero_z 11-09-2007 12:41 PM

New poll

stickdude 11-09-2007 12:50 PM

Re: New poll

Am I the only one seeing OP 40 years in the future, with his grandchildren on knee, telling them all the story of THE HAND - the hand where someone else called villains straight flush and cost him a huge pot.

gregorio 11-09-2007 01:06 PM

Re: New poll

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I'm "listening" to is the poll #s.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the rule is winning in the poll.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So i guess you're not really listening to the pole if it doesn't get the results you want.

PITTM 11-09-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice unbiased, neutral framing of the question there lol

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who works with many Ph. D scientists designing survey questions and stuff I can honestly say this is one of the most heavily biased polls in terms of wording I have ever seen.

Victor 11-09-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so that we will never see another player awkwardly pulling back their cards from the muck and simultaneously jamming their chips in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt what happened. his chips clearly were in the pot prior to his attempted much. like way before.

PITTM 11-09-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so that we will never see another player awkwardly pulling back their cards from the muck and simultaneously jamming their chips in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt what happened. his chips clearly were in the pot prior to his attempted much. like way before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt it show the guy putting his own chips in front of JC's chips as if he is GIVING him the chips? I could be wrong, thats just how I remember it.