Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Torre is back... edit... NOT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525909)

Kneel B4 Zod 10-18-2007 04:11 PM

Re: Torre is back

what a confusing story. I wonder how this news broke first

JordanIB 10-18-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good for Torre. WTF incentive for a manager reaching playoff rounds?

The Yanks hierarchy is in shambles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe paying him $5 million a year makes him the highest paid manager in the game...thats pretty nice given the last two years your team has had nearly a 200 million payroll but laid a egg in the first round both times.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also a 25% pay cut. Why? Because his "ace" was [censored] in the playoffs and Joba threw a wild pitch.

If you don't want him back, then don't bring him back. What's the point of wanting him back but demanding he take less pay?

nutshot2 10-18-2007 04:12 PM

THANK GOD

kidcolin 10-18-2007 04:12 PM

Good for Torre. Good for the Yankees. Looks like everyone wins.

edit: Until of course LaRussa is signed. Then it's just going to be awesome for everyone sans the Yankees.

Triumph36 10-18-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, sounds like Joe said bye bye to them. Joe deserves better, and the Yankees don't deserve to have such a class act managing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I am sure that Joe Torre will find teams lining up to pay him $5 million a year.

CharlieDontSurf 10-18-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe paying him $5 million a year makes him the highest paid manager in the game...thats pretty nice given the last two years your team has had nearly a 200 million payroll but laid a egg in the first round both times.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also a 25% pay cut. Why? Because his "ace" was [censored] in the playoffs and Joba threw a wild pitch.

If you don't want him back, then don't bring him back. What's the point of wanting him back but demanding he take less pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's not worth the salary we have been paying him.

Triumph36 10-18-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You pay for performance. If it's Joe's doing that the team won the World Series, then it's Joe's doing that the team didn't win the World Series.

I don't blame Torre - they negotiated him into a corner and thought he'd sign up for this. He didn't. Blah.

Karak567 10-18-2007 04:15 PM

at first i thought this was a solid move

bring him back for one year as insurance to make sure that rivera, posada and possibly a-rod resign and then don't exercise his option

now this is a bit of a cluster [censored]

im not sure what to make of this

yeotaJMU 10-18-2007 04:16 PM

damn just caught this on espn news... this sucks

Franchise 60 10-18-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Until of course LaRussa is signed. Then it's just going to be awesome for everyone sans the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

God please no...