Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pooh Bah Video (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555983)

ICMoney 11-28-2007 12:44 AM

Re: Pooh Bah Video

On the AJ hand early on KQx flop 3way first to act, c/f is best too IMO at 10nl. Even checked to you in position I'd consider just checking as well. I like to give up flops at <10nl when I miss OOP.
---------------------------

I would prob check AJo behind IP on the KQx.

Here I think CF is fine. I thought I just had to get through Skills and the other guy would fold.

I would prob CC a bet, so I wanted to bet and give myself a chance to win the pot unimproved.

I can rep broadways well here.

Thanks for the comment.
Keep them coming.

n4rf 11-28-2007 12:46 AM

I find myself raising hands a lot more preflop, ESPECIALLY if there are many limpers. Any suited Ace or any suited King, I will usually raise if there are limpers. Usually if I get callers I take this down on the flop with a standard c-bet.

Is this good play at this level? You said that people should be much tighter at the lower levels, but sometimes I see it the opposite.

Also, what HUD program are you using?

ICMoney 11-28-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find myself raising hands a lot more preflop, ESPECIALLY if there are many limpers. Any suited Ace or any suited King, I will usually raise if there are limpers. Usually if I get callers I take this down on the flop with a standard c-bet.

Is this good play at this level? You said that people should be much tighter at the lower levels, but sometimes I see it the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about being loose postflop - like CR bluffing on the flop, etc. I also folded a fair amount of bottom pair hands I flopped in limped pots.

I thought I raised PF a fair amount after limps (Q7o after few limps, J9, and anything against that fish on table three to my right).

I saw that 2 people would limp, I would pfr to .6 and get 3 callers.

Just have to adjust.

simonpoker 11-28-2007 12:52 AM

Downloading right now.

n4rf 11-28-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I saw that 2 people would limp, I would pfr to .6 and get 3 callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup this is true. Sometimes you find tables that are much easier to raise when there are limpers. Others I'll find tables where they rarely ever fold to a raise after they limp. This is especially true when I play against players with a VPIP > 50. And recently I've been playing against a lot of these... gets a *tad frustrating, but they lose money in the long run.

Great vid so far. The one thing that videos have taught me is not to be so passive post-flop, and call bets where I'm most likely not the favorite.

n4rf 11-28-2007 12:55 AM

Also, maybe this is different at 50NL, but if I find my table is below 30-35% average VPIP, I usually find myself a better table. At the 10NL level you can easily find tables with 40+VPIP. Your 1st table was a 25% and I would definitely get away from tables such as that unless there is a major fish.

Don't know if you find the same players at 50NL, but I know they exist at 25NL (they may even be worse).

fozzy71 11-28-2007 12:55 AM

Realtime HUD - Google it, and there is also a thread in the software forum.

You dont use color ranges on the top row stats? I set-up 5 colors for VPIP/PFR/AF. I think it helps me target people easier.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...thud-prefs.jpg

ICMoney 11-28-2007 12:55 AM

Speaking of raising limps - I used the limp and call raise after limp stat a lot in this vid.

I use it even more for large hand samples.

If you don't use this stat, you need to - esp combined with their fold to cb stat.

ICMoney 11-28-2007 12:58 AM

About color coding - I know where to look in my hud for a particluar stat.

Once I see the number I immediately know if it's high/low.

I have the stats color coded (his cb stats in red, limp/call in teal, etc).

Whatever works.

ICMoney 11-28-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, maybe this is different at 50NL, but if I find my table is below 30-35% average VPIP, I usually find myself a better table. At the 10NL level you can easily find tables with 40+VPIP. Your 1st table was a 25% and I would definitely get away from tables such as that unless there is a major fish.

Don't know if you find the same players at 50NL, but I know they exist at 25NL (they may even be worse).

[/ QUOTE ]

I prob could have found a better table, but I wanted to use the reads I had for the rest of the video.

Didn't want to swtich tables 10 times in 45 mins.

But good point about leaving a table as soon as it gets bad - I take this to heart at 50nl.