Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Software. PokerStove clone w Weights and fold equity calc (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490074)

derosnec 08-31-2007 04:11 PM

Re: New Software. PokerStove clone w Weights and fold equity calc

this makes my session reviews a hell of a lot easier. thanks!

dfan 08-31-2007 05:05 PM

Great job. I also have been wanting weighting for ages. I even wrote the creator of PS about it. Since I didn't have it, I would sometimes manually weight hands in PS by selecting only certain suits for the hands (eg, AK(50)=Acdhs x Kcd). Man was that a clunky work-around!

[ QUOTE ]
This program looks great, but right now is completely unusable for me. When I start the app, my CPU usage jumps to and stays at 100% when the program is open, regardless of whether I'm using it. Anyone else have this problem? Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same problem with my CPU usage going to 100% when holdemranger is open, even when it is finished with its calcs.

mikechops 08-31-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This program looks great, but right now is completely unusable for me. When I start the app, my CPU usage jumps to and stays at 100% when the program is open, regardless of whether I'm using it. Anyone else have this problem? Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that. I hadn't noticed because I have a dual core. Anyway I fixed it - had to get rid of the hyperlinks in the output but no big loss.

rine 08-31-2007 09:29 PM

Any chance to do it for omaha? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mikechops 08-31-2007 11:34 PM

The problem with Omaha is representing the range of hands an opponent could have in a reasonably economical fashion.

If there was a good scheme for that, it wouldn't be too hard. But it would probably be better to restrict it to post-flop. Evaluating all the combos of AAxx vs KKxx pre-flop would be an overnight job with my current evaluation code.

The Good 09-01-2007 11:07 AM

Very nice done, thanks alot man!

ps. In the first screenshot the both win%+tie%*2 doesn't sum up to 100% [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

dfan 09-01-2007 12:46 PM

Yes, there is something weird about the equity calcs. In the screenshot the AK player's equity = wins + 1/2 ties, while the KK+ player's equity = wins + ties. This is true for other equity calcs as well. Why should one player get 1/2 of tie equity and the other get the full tie %?

mikechops 09-01-2007 01:49 PM

Oops how embarassing [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Well it would be embarassing if it were not part of my cunning plan to have the thread bumped regularly by people reporting bugs. Yes that's it - I'm not an idiot!

I posted a fix. The win % was screwed up when using the pre-flop lookup table. The equities seem to be right (according to PokerStove anyway) and post-flop looks good too.

Gonso 09-03-2007 04:46 AM

lol I was just asking for something like this, good work. I've just started playing with it.

My initial impression is that the input is a little tedious, but honestly it's so useful it doesn't even matter. Very good job

Martin456 09-03-2007 03:25 PM

Great program, just wondering does it take into account the fact that if 1 of the hands you put in contains an ace, the other hand will have less combinations of Ax?