Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   PAD Has Jumped the Shark -- You Tell me When it Happened (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503112)

inyourface 09-18-2007 07:56 AM

Re: PAD Has Jumped the Shark -- You Tell me When it Happened

[ QUOTE ]
Let's face it, the thing that would really jump-start interest is if a couple of big time internet SNG wizards played - Johnny Bax is just one of many that immediately comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooooooooooooooooooo when did Bax become a SNG legend? Was it the same time Brandi won the WSOP ME?

charliecozz 09-18-2007 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And no one would want to watch a bunch of boring camera shy 20 year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagree-I would love to see a PAD featuring online stars. That would be great. Get sick of Doyle, Jennifer mucking hands and the Matasow Hellmuth show.

McCutter 09-18-2007 11:21 AM

ALI NEJAD has improved by not talking as much. If he never speaks, then he will improve even more. He is as good as Matt Corboy now. When he appeared on the show, he had a ridiculously dorky wannabe cool act about him--trying to be funny and he's not funny, talking too much, horrible Night at the Roxbury clothing and personal style...

FatRed 09-18-2007 12:10 PM

come on, now! Ali is 1000 times better than Corboy. He's not the best commentator but he is not bad.

Chilltown 09-18-2007 12:31 PM

One man commenting is never easy.

namisgr 09-18-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's face it, the thing that would really jump-start interest is if a couple of big time internet SNG wizards played - Johnny Bax is just one of many that immediately comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooooooooooooooooooo when did Bax become a SNG legend? Was it the same time Brandi won the WSOP ME?

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to mention other SNG wizards, but I thought of Bax because he was on the SNG leaderboard for 2006 (data courtesy sharkscope) and is a well-known name.

buddypup 09-18-2007 01:38 PM

oh yeah.....thats right

LOL_MODS 09-18-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought last week was one of the best so far, so I disagree with the premise of this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rottersod 09-18-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One man commenting is never easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nejad is there to give the viewers a brief synopsis of the important points as well as to throw in a few one liners. The rest of the time we get to watch and listen to the players. Of all the poker shows I'd say PAD does the best job with the announcing.

inyourface 09-18-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to mention other SNG wizards, but I thought of Bax because he was on the SNG leaderboard for 2006 (data courtesy sharkscope) and is a well-known name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't having a go pal, sorry if you got upset. Just Gigabet springs to mind Re SNG's while Bax et. al = MTT.

w/e back to topic...