Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Upcoming WPT Ladies Night V: Who should/will be @ the table? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448574)

Lady Ashley 07-26-2007 07:20 PM

Re: Upcoming WPT Ladies Night V: Who should/will be @ the table?

Kristy Gazes is absolutely my favorite female player. She is a great player and a lot of fun to watch at any table.

DonkeyChip 07-27-2007 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kristy Gazes is absolutely my favorite female player. She is a great player and a lot of fun to watch at any table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you see the heads-up match between her and Chad Brown on the NBC HU Championship? I don't know much about her play, even after seeing that, but she looked really bad in that match. You can tell from her reactions that she is unaware of a couple of seemingly obvious things. She didn't see that Chad had the best hand on the 66669 board when she had 99 and Chad had an Ace...and it had to be specifically pointed out to her. Then later, when Chad says HE made a big mistake in that hand by not moving in on the river with the nuts...he again has to spell it out for her.

But she has good results. Maybe the HU thing was just nervousness of being at the featured table on national TV.

MrFizzbin 07-27-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you see the heads-up match between her and Chad Brown on the NBC HU Championship? I don't know much about her play, even after seeing that, but she looked really bad in that match. You can tell from her reactions that she is unaware of a couple of seemingly obvious things. She didn't see that Chad had the best hand on the 66669 board when she had 99 and Chad had an Ace...and it had to be specifically pointed out to her. Then later, when Chad says HE made a big mistake in that hand by not moving in on the river with the nuts...he again has to spell it out for her.

But she has good results. Maybe the HU thing was just nervousness of being at the featured table on national TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

No actually it had to do with partying too hard the night before, I believe she mentioned this in a pokerwire interview that she did shortly after her Heads Up Appearance . She's a had a solid year this year, went deep in the aussie Millions, and several others she's entered. Her game is solid not just a flash in the pan or eye candy, (Evelyn Ng, Brandi etc..)she has a personality that isn't like fingernails on chalk board (Vanessa R.).

olivert 07-27-2007 10:21 AM

I can't imagine a scenario in which either Mimi Tran or Kristy Gazes would NOT be invited to WPT Ladies Night V.

Both have plenty of cashes during WPT Season V and have sponsor backing/lobbying behind them (Kristy with FullTiltPoker.net, Mimi likely with PokerStars.net with the assistance of Barry Greenstein.)

Jbrochu 07-27-2007 10:55 AM

I would like to back your choice of Brandi for WPT Ladies Night V.

Bonified 07-27-2007 01:31 PM

I don't understand this. You were saying that Victoria Coren's association with Pokerstars was a reason why the WPT wouldn't invite her onto the show, but now in the case of Mimi Tran you seem to be saying that "having sponsor backing/lobbying behind them" (from Pokerstars in Mimi's case) is a plus point ?

ambler 07-27-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An English-language newspaper article from The Taipei Times in August 2001, which I dug up with the assistance of San Francisco-based reporter Helen Yan of Ming Pao, was the final straw which got me fired:

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I have this straight? You represented JJ, yet assisted a reporter in digging out her "controversial" past? You thought this would be good for your client?

Then you were fired, and revealed in this forum that you did this? And followed up by airing in public various other dirty laundry of the client?

Yikes.

olivert 07-27-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An English-language newspaper article from The Taipei Times in August 2001, which I dug up with the assistance of San Francisco-based reporter Helen Yan of Ming Pao, was the final straw which got me fired:

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I have this straight? You represented JJ, yet assisted a reporter in digging out her "controversial" past? You thought this would be good for your client?

Then you were fired, and revealed in this forum that you did this? And followed up by airing in public various other dirty laundry of the client?

Yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

The reporter told me how she dug up Ms. Liu's past by doing a Google search in Chinese.

The reporter assisted me in finding the controversial articles, not the other way around.

olivert 07-27-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this. You were saying that Victoria Coren's association with Pokerstars was a reason why the WPT wouldn't invite her onto the show, but now in the case of Mimi Tran you seem to be saying that "having sponsor backing/lobbying behind them" (from Pokerstars in Mimi's case) is a plus point ?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars.net only need to have one sponsored player at WPT Ladies Night V.

I expect Mimi Tran to be that player.

Besides, Victoria Coren, if she were sponsored by PokerStars.net in 2007-2008, would be required to play the EPT event in Barcelona, which conflicts with WPT Ladies Night V.

Ditto Katja Thater, who is under contract with PokerStars.net and is required to play the EPT event in Barcelona.

Dima2000123 07-27-2007 03:29 PM

Still, why are you smearing JJ on this forum? Do you feel a sense of duty to inform the public? It seems like a poker player is safer getting Brandi as a girlfriend than getting you as an agent.