Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Official September sales numbers (360 takes it, PS3 falling further) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527673)

ThaSaltCracka 10-29-2007 10:57 AM

Re: Official September sales numbers (360 takes it, PS3 falling furth

360 is getting GTA4 and Assasins Creed.

capone0 10-29-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is pointless. Coming from someone owns every big selling console ever made, who recently bought a ps3, it just blows xbox360 out of the water. Its not even close. Thats not a knock on the 360 either. When i got my 360 i was EXTREMELY pleased... but the ps3 just leaves you with a "wow" feeling. Now all it needs is assassins creed, gran turismo 5, gta4, killzone 2 (wow wanting that one a while), metal gear solid, etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow about what? The look? The games obviously haven't impressed you.

daaaaahawkz 10-29-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this thread is pointless. Coming from someone owns every big selling console ever made, who recently bought a ps3, it just blows xbox360 out of the water. Its not even close. Thats not a knock on the 360 either. When i got my 360 i was EXTREMELY pleased... but the ps3 just leaves you with a "wow" feeling. Now all it needs is assassins creed, gran turismo 5, gta4, killzone 2 (wow wanting that one a while), metal gear solid, etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow about what? The look? The games obviously haven't impressed you.

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon people there is more to a console than just video games. i am also one who has owned every major gaming console ever released and i gotta say the ps3 is absolutely amazing....a way better deal at 500 dollars than any of the 360 packages. the system has only been out 1 year... 1 YEAR

give it 6 more months and everyone will be looking at the game selection in a totally different light

capone0 10-29-2007 01:35 PM

I don't want to buy a system and let it sit for 1 year when there is a perfectly good system with similar things with much better games. 1 year sitting on my shelf is worth a lot to me.

ThaSaltCracka 10-29-2007 01:45 PM

How else are you suppose to gauge a system other than the games it has and how they are played on them? I mean, yeah blu-ray is cool, but you bought it to play games, right?

AceLuby 10-29-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to buy a system and let it sit for 1 year when there is a perfectly good system with similar things with much better games. 1 year sitting on my shelf is worth a lot to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What games did you play the first year of the 360 (as in games released before last Nov)?

capone0 10-29-2007 02:16 PM

DOA4-Decent nothing special.
Madden 2006-Nothing really special.
Fifa 2006-I liked it.
NBA 2k6-Pretty fun.
Project Gathom-Bought it but nothing special.

Honestly, I don't play my 360 that much now, I think Bioshock looks cool, Halo is alright but I'm not the biggest fan of FPS on consoles, I have Madden 2008 but I'd rather play Team Fortress 2 on my computer. Waiting for the new W11 to come out more than anything. I played the last W11 pretty much all summer other than work, poker and hanging out.

capone0 10-29-2007 02:20 PM

The fact of the matter is the 360 first year games are still better than the PS3 games. Even the ports are better on the 360 right now. I don't have any reason why, they should be similar based on specs. Honestly, I was pro-PS3 before I got the 360 but the PS3 so far has been disappointing. Nobody is buying it, the games have been disappointing. Please give me some good reasons to buy the PS3 other than the games coming out may or maybe great. Right now the PS3 looks like a bomb, hopefully it can survive b/c I doesn't help me if a system fails. Honestly if the PS3 had some sick games I was interested in playing that weren't on the 360 I have, I would buy it. But right now there is nothing compelling me to buy it. Not even the blu-ray which I was once very pro isn't a good enough reason now that I have an HD-DVD player.

AceLuby 10-29-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DOA4-Decent nothing special.
Madden 2006-Nothing really special.
Fifa 2006-I liked it.
NBA 2k6-Pretty fun.
Project Gathom-Bought it but nothing special.

Honestly, I don't play my 360 that much now, I think Bioshock looks cool, Halo is alright but I'm not the biggest fan of FPS on consoles, I have Madden 2008 but I'd rather play Team Fortress 2 on my computer. Waiting for the new W11 to come out more than anything. I played the last W11 pretty much all summer other than work, poker and hanging out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point (that you pretty much prove) is that in the first year of a system it is pretty rare to have a really great game. Halo is really the only exception I can think of here. All the games you listed were, 'pretty fun' or 'decent', which the PS3 has lots of games that are 'pretty fun' or 'decent'. It was a while before Bioshock, Gears of War, or Halo came out (which are all shooters) which are the must have games for the 360 now. Compare to the first year of the PS3 for games that I had (very similar IMO):

Madden 07: Decent, but slow
Ninja Gaiden: Fun, hard, pretty good graphics
Oblivion: Time waster, and great fun
Resistance: Good FPS, Huge online games are really fun

AceLuby 10-29-2007 02:38 PM

Also, regarding the no one is buying it argument. It is pretty much matching sales for the first year of the 360 when the 360 had zero competition and had a lower price point. It is far from bombing.