Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   should I take the AP calc test? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398508)

willw9 05-10-2007 11:10 AM

Re: should I take the AP calc test?

I'm kind of regretting not taking this for some reason. I don't really know why. It wuold have been really easy, b/c I did well in math this year and had a great teacher. It was probably just b/c I didn't want to spend ~3 hours of my summer studying tbh.

tabako 05-10-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of regretting not taking this for some reason. I don't really know why. It wuold have been really easy, b/c I did well in math this year and had a great teacher. It was probably just b/c I didn't want to spend ~3 hours of my summer studying tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't do well in my high school calc class, didn't study for the AP test, yet I still got a 5 on it. It really is worth taking even if you don't feel you know the material that well.

LBJ 05-10-2007 03:27 PM

I didn't study for the test. I really don't think you need to. If you're a good student then all the broad material you will need to do good on the test will already be nailed into your head.

Not to mention you need around a 30% to get a 3 on the test (which is usually the amount of points you need to test out of Calc 1 in college). If you need a 5 then I think you need a 59% or something. Just goes to show how hard the test can get, but if you're a good student you will most likely pass the test regardless.

NHFunkii 05-10-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would u have to take a harder course, atleast at my school if you opt out of a class due to an A.P class you can take an elective of your choice in it's place

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to take 2 math courses in college for premed or something

rakes.a.beach 05-11-2007 03:53 AM

I have friends at Cal who retook Calc 1&2 after getting a 5 on the AP test.

kevinhav11 06-29-2007 03:49 PM

if u can calculate your reverse implied odds in a three handed pot, calc should be no problem go for it

silver book 06-30-2007 03:14 AM

take Calc in college, its a little different than high school test.

also, take the ap calc test because you may always wonder what you could have gotten

RyanUSF 06-30-2007 04:02 PM

Take the test and ace it, so you don't have to re-take them in college. My roommate my freshman year could've taken Calc 3 his first semester because he got credit for Calc 1 and 2 via the AP exam. Instead of just going directly into Calc 3 though, he chose to start in Calc 2 and ended up failing it, and had to re-take it again the following semester [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

892King 06-30-2007 04:19 PM

Dont't worry CAL AB is a piece of cake

CheckRaise 06-30-2007 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the test and ace it, so you don't have to re-take them in college. My roommate my freshman year could've taken Calc 3 his first semester because he got credit for Calc 1 and 2 via the AP exam. Instead of just going directly into Calc 3 though, he chose to start in Calc 2 and ended up failing it, and had to re-take it again the following semester [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
are the AP exams really that much easier then taking the class in college?