Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   annoying river spot 25/50 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462296)

KakiTee 07-28-2007 06:48 AM

Re: annoying river spot 25/50

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I think he rarely has a ten here

[/ QUOTE ]

but does he think you'd check a T or a set on the turn with those stacks?

- dumping is easier

NMcNasty 07-28-2007 10:43 AM

Very annoying spot. I think its a chop about half the time here and you're beat the other half. I guess you have to fold.

ike 07-28-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, consider betting turn pls

[/ QUOTE ]
why?

ActionJeff 07-28-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

also, consider betting turn pls

[/ QUOTE ]
why?

[/ QUOTE ]

as a bluff- to vary your play- because its often more +EV than checking - etc

MDMA 07-28-2007 01:27 PM

I'm sure you can find a better part of your range to fire the turn with than AJ here.

ActionJeff 07-28-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you can find a better part of your range to fire the turn with than AJ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're wrong. Care to elaborate?

etizzle 07-28-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well your basically turning your hand ino air, which it isn't. there really arent that many better hands that you are gonna get to fold. Plus you have outs against a T, which will certainly pay you off if you hit (well probably pay off)

Jiganti 07-29-2007 12:42 AM

This is a fold. Your only other option is to raise, because you don't really beat anything, besides KJ which I don't really put him on here.

ActionJeff 07-29-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well your basically turning your hand ino air, which it isn't. there really arent that many better hands that you are gonna get to fold. Plus you have outs against a T, which will certainly pay you off if you hit (well probably pay off)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ur overestimating the value of ur hand and underestimating the value of a bet. Both hitting a 5 outer and villain having a ten is a pretty unlikely scenario, and our range is relatively narrow here. Just because we soert of have showdown value doesn't make this a check.. I think you should be betting here more often than checking

any other players at these stakes want to comment? im interested in opinions

also if villain is calling with a better 2 pair hand or something then hes just spewing

garganasaur 07-29-2007 02:44 AM

bet the turn if you're not prepared for a tough river decision, then you can dictate that amount, and might get some better hands to fold