Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   killing someone who is trying to rob you (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390461)

guids 04-28-2007 11:39 AM

Re: killing someone who is trying to rob you

The American, who is about 70 years old and retired from the military, put the 20-year-old in a head lock and broke his clavicle after the suspect and two other men armed with a knife and gun held up their tour bus

Wow, that is pretty bad ass. any dumb broad who brings up a subject like this in that setting, Im going to automatically take the opposite stance and ruin her night for being such a mood-killer, this is just one instance where my real POV lines up with my arguments.

Felix_Nietzsche 04-28-2007 11:40 AM

Uh.....

[ QUOTE ]
i'd gladly pay $100 just to NOT kill a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh......there have been cases where muggers have killed their victims becasue they were enraged their victims did not have enough money. You do not have the luxury of knowing whether or not you have a rational mugger or not..... As in old west gunfights, the first person to shoot has a huge advantage. If you have no weapon, your choice is easy. Give the money and hope you are not killed or beaten to death. If you have a gun, then you have more options. Me, I'm shooting it out. I'm not going to out-source my life hoping I have a rational mugger. If the mugger has a gun pointing at me, then I give the money. The time it takes to pull a gun out-of-my-pocket means I probably will be shot....

A friend of mine was being followed by some unsavory looking chracters at night in a tough neighborhood (Deep Ellum, lots of cool nightclubs but also lots of bad areas surrounding this neighborhood). He turn around and yelled at them, "What do you want!". They stopped bewildered and said, "We need a light". He yelled, "I don't smoke". They said, "Cheap mutherf*****" and they walked away in a DIFFERENT direction. My friend is convinced that his aggressive tonality of his voice let these guys know who was not going to be a victim.

miajag 04-28-2007 11:41 AM

Chick should be impaled through the heart with an American flag.

Felix_Nietzsche 04-28-2007 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So knocking him out or incapacitating him isn't an option? It's either kill him or get robbed?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you an expert mixed-martial-arts guy then perhaps this is an option. But if you lose a 50-50 fist fight what will happen next? Just watch a few street fights on youtube to see the stomp-fests that occur when one guy gets knocked to the ground and is unconcious. It is a sick world.

So if getting critical maimed or killed is a risk your willling to take...then go for it. Social darwinsim will take place. Pansy-assed liberal-hippy-tree-criminal-huggers get the life stomped out-of-them while vilgilantes survive.

I'm very passionate about this subject because I have some personal experience in this area. There are a lot of sick bastard criminals out there and showing them mercy is -EV.

JSchnett 04-28-2007 11:48 AM

Kill

Big Poppa Smurf 04-28-2007 11:56 AM

I would kill him and then take his wallet.

1C5 04-28-2007 12:01 PM

Re: G. Gordon Liddy\'s Advice on Shooting Muggers

[ QUOTE ]
G. Gordon Liddy, a former attorney, former watergate conspirator, and nationally syndicated AM talk radio host had some direct advice for for those who are attacked by a mugger and have a gun to defend themselves.

1. Kill the mugger. If he is still breathing put two more bullets into him.
2. Go home and do NOT call the police.
3. Destroy the gun's ballistic evidence.

Liddy says going to the police will result in possible charges against YOU. Years of legal bills fighting a civil lawsuit with liberal lawyers asking you questions like 'why didn't you just wound him', etc.... In short, your life savings will evaporate and the next several years of your life will be in a courtroom.

Liddy recommends carrying a revolver to defend yourself. First, a revolver has no safety, so you can just point and shoot. With a semiauto, if you forget to switch the safety off, you could have a knife in the belly. Second, it is easier to destroy the ballistic evidence with a revolver. File down the firing pin and use a rat-tail file to scratch the inside of the barrel. Then diassemble and throw the gun away. With a semi auto, there are additional steps that need to be taken to destroy the ballistic evidence...

Good luck and good hunting. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf kind of advice is that?

daryn 04-28-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Uh.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd gladly pay $100 just to NOT kill a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh......there have been cases where muggers have killed their victims becasue they were enraged their victims did not have enough money. You do not have the luxury of knowing whether or not you have a rational mugger or not..... As in old west gunfights, the first person to shoot has a huge advantage. If you have no weapon, your choice is easy. Give the money and hope you are not killed or beaten to death. If you have a gun, then you have more options. Me, I'm shooting it out. I'm not going to out-source my life hoping I have a rational mugger. If the mugger has a gun pointing at me, then I give the money. The time it takes to pull a gun out-of-my-pocket means I probably will be shot....

A friend of mine was being followed by some unsavory looking chracters at night in a tough neighborhood (Deep Ellum, lots of cool nightclubs but also lots of bad areas surrounding this neighborhood). He turn around and yelled at them, "What do you want!". They stopped bewildered and said, "We need a light". He yelled, "I don't smoke". They said, "Cheap mutherf*****" and they walked away in a DIFFERENT direction. My friend is convinced that his aggressive tonality of his voice let these guys know who was not going to be a victim.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh.. sir, please read the rest of my post.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 04-28-2007 12:05 PM

more on your vacation please.

bwana devil 04-28-2007 12:09 PM

last saturday night about a mile from my house a father and son were walking home from church (church on saturday?!) and they were robbed at gunpoint. they cooperated and then the father was shot dead in front of the son. there are no leads.

if someone threatens my life i have no qualms about killing that person. ultimately life is the most important thing i have and if someone wants to threaten it over what they think i have in my wallet, i dont mind one bit if they meet their own death along the way.