Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tricky play sir (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532478)

Darkfolder 10-27-2007 01:31 PM

Re: Tricky play sir

[ QUOTE ]
This looks more like a pocket pair that realizes it's no good anymore than any other line.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate these posts.

EC10 10-27-2007 01:58 PM

calling with AQ here seems like SUCH spew. it can only be justified by massive fps type thinking.

Isura 10-27-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im calling AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

mustmuck 10-27-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling with AQ here seems like SUCH spew. it can only be justified by massive fps type thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you mean by massive fps type thinking. If we think villain has a massive case of fps then we should fold. He'd have to be getting extremely fancy to have us beat. The more I look at it the more I like a call.

Jamougha 10-27-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we think villain has a massive case of fps then we should fold. He'd have to be getting extremely fancy to have us beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had a set on the flop I would about always cc or cr without history, and if I cc then I would always play the rest of the hand this way. Maybe I have a major case of fps?

praios 10-27-2007 02:23 PM

i fold too

WoolyHat 10-27-2007 02:24 PM

I think I fold AQ here vs an unknown, so it would work vs me. But I think >60% of Party 2/4 players call here - so I don't think I like your bluff generally.

AAismyfriend 10-27-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we think villain has a massive case of fps then we should fold. He'd have to be getting extremely fancy to have us beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had a set on the flop I would about always cc or cr without history, and if I cc then I would always play the rest of the hand this way. Maybe I have a major case of fps?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you did c/c the flop with a set here, you SHOULD be going for a river c/r. It's not FPS, it's the most +EV play on this river and it's not close. That being said, when you c/r the river here I'd think your range is pretty polarized between flopped sets and random weak 1 pair hands turned into a bluff, since taking this line with A8 seems too thin without some history and you probably aren't cold calling A8 OOP preflop anyways. If that is the case, it would seem that calling with AQ given the odds he's getting is correct.

Irish Mafia 10-27-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you did c/c the flop with a set here, you SHOULD be going for a river c/r. It's not FPS, it's the most +EV play on this river and it's not close. That being said, when you c/r the river here I'd think your range is pretty polarized between flopped sets and random weak 1 pair hands turned into a bluff, since taking this line with A8 seems too thin without some history and you probably aren't cold calling A8 OOP preflop anyways. If that is the case, it would seem that calling with AQ given the odds he's getting is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post, sir.

illuminati 10-27-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I think calling AQ here is bad too. The times we're beat >>>> times we win the pot.