Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Do you guys want a split between micros and low/mid stakes? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526962)

1p0kerboy 10-20-2007 10:01 AM

Re: Do you guys want a split between micros and low/mid stakes?

Part of the reason the forum isn't getting as much traffic:

A lot of the mid-high stakes players don't post here because of all of the noise (2NL-10NL posts).

A lot of the micro-stakes players don't post here because they feel 'inadequate'. I actually had several send me PMs during our last discussion on this topic.

Let's face it: this place is a zoo right now. There are a lot of beginner questions that get asked over and over again. It's gone so far and long that the full ring forum is the universal joke amongst all of the strategy forums. And I'm not saying this to be mean.

NL FULL RING requesting split

Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

Splitting fr

POLL

AceOfClubs 10-20-2007 10:10 AM

Split is agood idea

pattay 10-20-2007 11:15 AM

split it split it split it pleaseeeeee omg a split would be so sexy and awesome and i wanna have babies with whoever will make this happen

canvasbck 10-20-2007 11:54 AM

While we are discussing a split, how about a live play forum? A lot of the B&M players feel like they have no place to post strategy posts and live plays completely different from online.

Mike Kelley 10-20-2007 12:02 PM

Could we get a Stud 8 forum. I would like that.

coordi 10-20-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While we are discussing a split, how about a live play forum? A lot of the B&M players feel like they have no place to post strategy posts and live plays completely different from online.

[/ QUOTE ]

big thinker

B&M forum

LifeTilt 10-20-2007 12:04 PM

Split.

ElectricWaffles 10-20-2007 12:37 PM

I think if the forum is split at NL100 the NL50 posts will suffer.

The forum's not very busy anyway, is there really any need?

Landlord79 10-20-2007 12:53 PM

I'm only at $100NL and I get tired of the noise of the same questions over and over again from the new guys.

On the other hand, we are very low volume, the question is, is it more beneficial to split it and they will come? or are we better left together to keep our numbers up.

I didn't want to split when I was <$50NL, but now that I'm over that hump, it's really hard to dig through the clutter and find the gems. I'm 60% for a split but realize that the new guys need the help too.

Lori 10-20-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's really hard to dig through the clutter and find the gems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that what is clutter to you might be a gem for someone else if you take the 30 seconds to direct them the right way.

Likewise, the people that give you a gem of information might consider your $100 posts clutter... this is how the food chain works on 2+2

Edit: That sounds snottier than I intended. Was just intending to make the point that if nobody helped anyone with "easy" questions, no questions would get answered [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Lori