Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

farang0 09-28-2006 10:05 AM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Well this is my first year paying taxes outside of USA but reading the IRS website I dont see why they would limit it to one year. Its just an extra form to fill out.

But some people cant handle 11 months outside of the USA. personally 30 days in the USA is more then enough for me to leave for 11 more months [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IlPug 09-28-2006 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

$90 for custom shirts is a bargain. I have a small obsession with custom suits due to reading a multi-page ad in GQ the last time I was at the doctor's office. You choose the material and every detail of the cut, then they take something like 40 measurements and assemble the suit. Then several weeks later, you try it on and the make more alterations. You try it on again and they make a final round of alterations before you actually get it. It looks better, fits better, and offers a better range of motion than even, say, a tailored Armani suit or anything comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i remember a great tailor in BKK. he used to do everyone in the embassy as well as tony blair and clinton/reagan i think.. raja was his name - it'd be more along the expensive side, but let me see if i can track down an address.

-pug

farang0 09-28-2006 10:11 AM

I wouldnt worry too much about finding a tailor. TThey are EVERYWHERE.

In samui alone I counted EIGHTY tailors. 80!!

WhoIam 09-28-2006 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt worry too much about finding a tailor. TThey are EVERYWHERE.

In samui alone I counted EIGHTY tailors. 80!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, but the guy who hems my pants is also a "tailor" but I wouldn't give him $1k to make me a suit.

faded 09-28-2006 10:36 AM

my favorite thai dish is chicken pad thai. i've never really had anything else, recommend me a new thai dish!

southerndog 09-28-2006 10:37 AM

So farang0, you're staying in Samui??

What is your living situation?

kazana 09-28-2006 10:44 AM

Degen, first, thanks for doing this.

My wife and I have been to Thailand last year and have been absolutely in love with that country ever since.
We also thought of moving there, but we're not certain, yet.

Now, maybe you can answer a few remaining questions (I haven't read all of the posts, just the first 6 pages, so excuse me if I'm asking double):

1) You mentioned you'll get locked out for 90 days after the third extension (total time in Thailand 90 days). Are there any ways to get around this, without getting into serious trouble (talking bribes, "favours", etc.)?

2) Isn't gambling illegal in Thailand? How do you conceal that you're earning your $$ by playing poker? Have you ever heard of anyone getting into trouble due to that?

3) If we should decide to move there, I'd like to contact you and a few other poker farangs over there. Is that okay with you? Or is your mailbox already filled with "hi i'm moving to thailand" messages?

Thanks again for this thread.

Turkish 09-28-2006 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would like to do muay thai

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/63...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Frinkenstein 09-28-2006 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it true that drinking the thai red bull-type energy drink is similar to taking speed?

I got truly messed up drinking a bucket of whiskey (only a 1/4 bottle) & red bull and still not sure why [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also found that the "buckets" really [censored] me up badly. I've never experienced anything else like it. That stuff is chock full of ephedrine I am told. The canadian version doesn't have that.

grandgnu 09-28-2006 11:44 AM

Bill:

QUESTION ONE: How hard would it be to find teen asian girls to slap me around and how much would it cost (i.e. no sex or nudity........just violence)

QUESTION TWO: The cost of living sure as hell beats what we were looking at in North Carolina. But my wife isn't too keen on the possibility of living overseas. What might entice her to give Thailand a try?

QUESTION THREE: I'm pretty picky about food, but like the simple stuff. Hamburgers, steak, chicken, mashed potatoes, french fries. I cannot stand seafood, not even fish sticks. How hard will it be for me to have a simple meal like I've described (capable of preparing myself if the food can be purchased)

(edited to add question three)