Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

TIEdup14 03-27-2007 01:54 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

Seems reasonable to me that if a wolf has a decent bandwagon going on someone they arent going to randomly switch gears!

If you disagree that I'm a villager then that's a different issue

What part of my reasoning doesnt make sense?

Iron_Yuppie 03-27-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please dont vote durron.

It's pretty obvious that he's not a wolf. If he was, he would not have stopped the bandwagon that was building up steam and headed in my direction.

I think he's 100% villager, but of course to subscribe to this theory you have to believe that I am as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 villager point. I would have given you 2 except for that last sentence.

dmk 03-27-2007 01:59 PM

Tiedup,

The fact that I know a wolf would do that, especially this early in the day.

I've seen a lot of people do it.

Take the following scenario:

2 villagers up for lynch, basically split 50/50 in votes. Hour before lynch, wolf drives a completely new villager bandwagon that ends up being lynched. Result? Villager lynched, 1 or 2 of the villagers up for lynch are now suspect because they had to be saved for a reason. The wolf driving the bandwagon wouldn't be *that* stupid, right? He must be a villager. There's no reason to do that when you can coast into the next day.

I did it. It was fun. And it served its purpose.

So yes, a wolf would do exactly that. Especially this early in the day when there's a ton of time to switch bandwagons, etc. And that doesn't even take into consideration the fact that your alignment is unknown to us.

KyrosMother 03-27-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did KM post at all during day 1? Anyone else find it odd that she popped in to instantly vote me?

How about this content-less post from Kbar?

[ QUOTE ]
I like page 55

The temple seems like a likely sabatoge target imo

[/ QUOTE ]

So my list has KM and Kbar at the top.

Edit: Also, I think for reasons that are quite clear, we can treat those who havent posted at all as "probable vanillagers."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, she did, but not very much. She never does on Day 1 and with no vowels....well waht do you expect? She has posted a little more today, but she is swamped at work. She is at least trying to adjust and post her villager and wolf list. Keep posting and I may move you off the latter. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JaredL 03-27-2007 02:03 PM

Based on yesterday and what I've read today I'm leaning toward nez or sighing. Durron I think is a villager but it's amazing that he's been wrong on everything verifiable and yet he's still so sure of himself and has people following him.

JaredL 03-27-2007 02:04 PM

KM is irritating JaredL by speaking of herself in the third person.

Mark_K 03-27-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KM is irritating JaredL by speaking of herself in the third person.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....
And on that note, time for a break.

MDoranD 03-27-2007 02:16 PM

just woke up guys. Late night and i apparently was supposed to vote before noon? Um yeah, that didnt happen. Catching up now.

aaronk56 03-27-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hold on guys...
Focus with me here.

Jeremy
BOOM!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he in this game?

Nez477 03-27-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nez is playing an entirely different game from both LOTR's. His posts don't feel natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

That is all. I'd like to think that I'm playing as close to my seer game in ASXI as possible.

And PLEASE tell me how this is any different than LOTR 1. I had long, drawn out posts, you asked "Does villager Nez ever make these long posts" thought I was a wolf and then I happened to get confirmed so you couldn't read me as a wolf anymore, I had to be a villager.

MDoranD 03-27-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked the point about Zurvan forcing aggression early on. Don't remember who made it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me that made it and i still think it was forced.

aaronk56 03-27-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because in your opinion i'm the most obvious wolf ever, and shorty is obviously not a wolf, so really, that post was pretty stupid.

which are you?

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu..._blindness.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
I like making stupid posts when I dont expect to be around for night fall. Personally, I like dogs more than cats.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm quite surprised.

MDoranD 03-27-2007 02:20 PM

just shot up a couple hundred posts to make sure i didnt have to be posting in all CAPS, or in EGYPTIAN or something...ok cool...back to rereading...

durron597 03-27-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tiedup,

You're making several unsound conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] those conclusions anyway

chuckleslovakian 03-27-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I like making stupid posts when I dont expect to be around for night fall. Personally, I like dogs more than cats.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm quite surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, cats suck. But they do make for good pictures

MDoranD 03-27-2007 02:23 PM

so shortline was poisoned but hes not dead? whats the point then? He cant vote or something?

Jeremy517 03-27-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hold on guys...
Focus with me here.

Jeremy
BOOM!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr. Pot,

One of you and I had 25 posts in this thread yesterday, while the other only had five posts. Hint: You weren't the one with 25.

Sincerely,
Mr. Kettle

aaronk56 03-27-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so shortline was poisoned but hes not dead? whats the point then? He cant vote or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No vote today;
Silenced tomorrow;
then dead.

GetThere1Time 03-27-2007 02:25 PM

****************ROSTER CHANGE****************

Unfortunately, Vavavoom cannot continue the journey. Luckily, reinforcements to your mercenary troop have arrived in the form of new recruit, Maddeus Towne

****************ROSTER CHANGE****************

Madtown 03-27-2007 02:26 PM

sup thread

Nez477 03-27-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm apparently one of the only people Traz can't read.. he never clears me as a villager, and is wrong on me again.

I think I was probably wrong on Neil with his posting now... going to reread while playing these tournies and see what I can come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

People,

Chim like never ever makes this post as a wolf. I'll say it again. This post led to my read, which was correct.

I know Traz has been doing this a long time, and it's much easier to follow him, but my reads have actually been pretty good lately. See ASXI, nailing Patton, or LOTR2, nailing VR, I only clear villagers in my mind when I have a great read like on Chim and MDoranD and probably Mets. Otherwise I keep options open, and think analytically about them.

If long, well thought out posts with good reads get someone lynched, then by all means....

I think Traz picked an easy target that he could push, Books and LC voted for the easy target without any explanation (as far as I can search anyway).

I firmly believe that Traz is in fact wolf and one of Books or LC probably is as well.

Please note, that based on previous requests, I'm not going to spend the day defending myself. I'm still making well thought out posts and defending my lists. I'm going to continue to do so.

Random

durron597 03-27-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hold on guys...
Focus with me here.

Jeremy
BOOM!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr. Pot,

One of you and I had 25 posts in this thread yesterday, while the other only had five posts. Hint: You weren't the one with 25.

Sincerely,
Mr. Kettle

[/ QUOTE ]

jeremy,

you were a villager with me in prisoners. this reminds me greatly of aaron's wolf game from prisoners, what do you think?

dmk 03-27-2007 02:29 PM

Welcome to the group Maddeus!

Madtown 03-27-2007 02:30 PM

Wolves in my just-caught-up opinion:

KyrosMom
at least one of chuckles/Zurvan/dmk, likelyhood in that order
aaron56k

Jeremy517 03-27-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeremy,

you were a villager with me in prisoners. this reminds me greatly of aaron's wolf game from prisoners, what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

There certainly are similarities.

MDoranD 03-27-2007 02:31 PM

the only thing i can get from the sighing/durron/shortline interactions is it is guaranteed that Shorty is a village? cuz if theres 1% chance hes not, the seer should peek him.

chuckleslovakian 03-27-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KyrosMom
aaron56k

[/ QUOTE ]
please explain the mom read

Nez477 03-27-2007 02:32 PM

Durron,

Why are you not even responding to my posts? For that matter, why is no one responding to my posts?

Nez477 03-27-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only thing i can get from the sighing/durron/shortline interactions is it is guaranteed that Shorty is a village? cuz if theres 1% chance hes not, the seer should peek him.

[/ QUOTE ]

MDoranD,

Shorty dies in 2 days.

durron597 03-27-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KyrosMom
aaron56k

[/ QUOTE ]

i love this list

MDoranD 03-27-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
add voj to my list of wolves, his last post gave me chills

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i thought it was VERY voj-village

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with durron

dmk 03-27-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I supposed to classify this under the "this is so stupid he has to be villager" file?

dmk 03-27-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KyrosMom
aaron56k

[/ QUOTE ]

Maddeus,

You may now leave. You are no longer welcome.

dmk 03-27-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

Why are you not even responding to my posts? For that matter, why is no one responding to my posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't know how to react to them.

Nez477 03-27-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please dont vote durron.

It's pretty obvious that he's not a wolf. If he was, he would not have stopped the bandwagon that was building up steam and headed in my direction.

I think he's 100% villager, but of course to subscribe to this theory you have to believe that I am as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

This post makes zero sense.

MDoranD 03-27-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They killed the confirmed villager. This is not some huge, shocking event. The seer didn't get another peek, so they'd have no chance to find him. That's the obvious reason traz is still alive. Why are people making more out of this than there really is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like Zurvan is sort of defending why the night kill was not stupid in a disguised type of way. I still think Zurvan is a wolf.

dmk 03-27-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They killed the confirmed villager. This is not some huge, shocking event. The seer didn't get another peek, so they'd have no chance to find him. That's the obvious reason traz is still alive. Why are people making more out of this than there really is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like Zurvan is sort of defending why the night kill was not stupid in a disguised type of way. I still think Zurvan is a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK,

MDoranD

Zurvan was thinking exactly what I was about the nightkill. Everyone is like "OMG FNORD? WHY FNORD?!?!" Gee, we have 1 cleared villager who could very well be the seer now or any other powerrole. There is a new seer that has had 0 views. WHO DO YOU THINK THE WOLVES KILL YOU MORANS. WOWOWOW.

OK, so ya, MDoranD

Zurvan 03-27-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this: the night kill was not, in any way, stupid.

There was a confirmed villager, and no chance beyond random of finding the seer. Why not kill the confirmed now, and start seer hunting tonight?

dmk 03-27-2007 02:40 PM

Zurvan,

We are now masons.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Madtown 03-27-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

KyrosMom
aaron56k

[/ QUOTE ]
please explain the mom read

[/ QUOTE ]

Low post count, posts that are careful about how they're worded without actually saying much, general feel. I've only read through once, in one go, so I'll be going back and rereading more carefully later, I could be wrong

[ QUOTE ]
Maddeus,

You may now leave. You are no longer welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]