Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Some things need to be said (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305604)

NajdorfDefense 01-15-2007 04:58 PM

Re: Some things need to be said

If the Moon was made out of green cheese would you eat it?

I would!

Get_better_Baris 01-15-2007 05:20 PM

he was a crack addict so this might not work, but if you decided to confront him or try and scare him off the stealing [censored] might stop. ill give u an example from my life:
few people tryed to break into my house when i was home by myself, i had nothing of value there to really proctect besides my laptop and bounce out the other door. police were called and nothing happened(didnt seem they could do much).they ended up getting my laptop
the same people came again like 2 weeks later, but besides leave again i decided to confront them as another friend was at the house with me so i wasnt outnumbered.i opened the door and they ran away. never happened again after that.

thing is this is just a personally choice and prolly not a clear cut answer to it but i know if people think you are weak they will pray on you and if they think otherwise they usually won't

your example u can call the police as also in mine, nath had no such resource to contact for assistance.your example has nothing to do with the situation at hand. the scammer has no legal rami's for his action but his action his 100 wrong and if nath wants to whips his ass for trying to cheat him its 100% within his rights to do so in my book

The Bride 01-15-2007 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly believe the well educated, socially inept on this forum have trapped themselves into a utopian style world. One where they can justify not protecting themselves and standing up for their rights by hiding behind some anti-"vigilante" ideologue. We're not talking about murderous examples of retribution here, we're talking about petty situations of daily life. Someone snatching your wifes purse, or your daughters purse, then fleeing on foot. No, you do not need to go and break his kneecaps, but can you really justify not tackling him and reclaiming what he's stolen and still look at yourself in the mirror like a man with backbone? Or are you 'mathematically correct' in doing nothing due to the 25.7% chance you end up getting a black eye trying to stand up for something? Or would your action set forth a chain of larger examples of vigilante style justice and anarchy would ensue? Answer it with reality, not ideology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'd just let them run. Getting stabbed or shot over a purse seems kinda silly.

testaaja 01-15-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DUDE, NOBODY CARES.

[/ QUOTE ]
Plus you (hiv) are [censored] lame.