Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security prison (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=280396)

Shadowrun 12-12-2006 03:41 AM

Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security pr

weird, i just relized i might know you. (are you doing pre-law)

CrayZee 12-12-2006 03:43 AM

Awesome trip report. I enjoyed that.

bigt439 12-12-2006 04:37 AM

This is the best thread I have ever read on 2p2. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this all out. Reading this scared the hell out of me because although I am not really into drugs I have a bunch of friends who easily could have ended up in your situation. I would be extremely upset if that happened to them and am very sorry it had to happen to you. Best of luck.

Corpsebean 12-12-2006 06:15 AM

Awesome thread man, really best read I've ever had on this forum.

Madd 12-12-2006 10:26 AM

MT2R,

awesome trip report, thanks for writing all this down.

Is it possible to get protection in the max if you pay the right guy(s)? Or does begging for help immediately mark you as a weak spot?

DING-DONG YO 12-12-2006 10:44 AM

MT2R, awesome TR.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that convicted felons should be more thoroughly screened, but an outright ban seems a bit harsh. CPA firms are hiring white collar criminals as consultants to help them provide services to client s who suspect fraud, so it's a bit hypocritical to not a mechanism whereby a felon may receive a license.

There are plenty of CPAs in jail who weren't felons when they passed the exam.

[/ QUOTE ]

42it, don't you remember the statement you have to make every time you renew your license? And you had to fill something out before you got your license too. I'm sure if the state board of accountancy found out someone was convicted of a felony and did time, their license would be revoked.

TylerD 12-12-2006 12:50 PM

Great TR. One of the best threads I've read on 2+2.

Yads 12-12-2006 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could you elaborate on the treatment of Asian-American inmates? Any specific incidents of note that was racially motivated?

On a related note, I found this gem in the inmate search. This guy really makes us look bad- check out his Offense:

http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsecti...sp?idoc=R46899

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is that asian-americans didn't have a large enough group to be feared in the IDOC. They got their stuff taken and beat on constantly. Everything in prison is race-related. I remember the disgust the hispanics expressed when I was interested in the NCAA tourney basketball results; such as comments about 'monkey ball' and 'how good can a sport be if they are good at it.' All the gangs are developed along race lines.

It's disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the jewish guys? I'm guessing not too many of us in prison.

escobar 12-12-2006 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I got 5 year deferred with supervision and ankle bracelet

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Many things that get you solitary can also add points or time onto your sentence.. You also VASTLY underestimate how bad solitary is... Solitary is not something you strive for..

You can get solitary for things like drugs, fighting, gambling, weapons...

[/ QUOTE ]

how the [censored] do you know? crawl back under whatever rock from whence you come.

nice tr mt2r. good luck in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I got out of the drug charges but was charged with felony assualt when I was 24 and did 13 months for Felony assault with intent. Got in a fight at a bar, guy smacks me with a bottle, I hit him twice, the second blow left his eyeball dangling when the eye socket was crushed and he cant see for the rest of his life. ... Thanks for asking

escobar 12-12-2006 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe your lawyer didnt advise you to not accept this deal.. AT MOST you are getting possesion with intent.. And likely NOTHING unless someone did a controlled buy.. Manufacturing??

You got the classic case of lets charge this guy with everything even though nothing will stick so he will be skerred and plea to some BS..

[/ QUOTE ]

possession with intent is 6 years min with an 85% truth in sentencing clause, meaning at least 4 1/2 years actual time served. That is a huge deal.

does your opinion change if you know the guy that ratted me was the son of high ranking local police officer?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, why would it?