Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion -spoiler free- (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366636)

gisb0rne 03-29-2007 05:48 PM

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More on Paulo... am I the only one who thought his hiding place for the diamonds was completely retarded? Especially after he sees other people use the hatch.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah especially cuz u know Hurley would probably clog that [censored] up

[/ QUOTE ]

When he placed the diamonds there he didn't know that anyone was using it. When he went with the other Losties he was retrieving the diamonds probably because he realized that people might find them.

Dominic 03-29-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When Paulo goes down in the hatch to hide the diamonds, then sees Ben and Juliette, how is he not trapped down there after they close and lock the hatch?

Wasn't the hatch covered up by the plane at this point as well? It's post-Boone death but pre-Losties discovering it, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You bring up a very good point IMO.
Paulo would have had to push the plane alone, and even if we assume he did so himself (which is perfectly reasonable) he would have almost certainly left the door open which should have made Ben + Juliette curious and weary when entering the Pearl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben and Juliette arrived from underground - a tunnel - not the same hatch by the plane.

Dominic 03-29-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When Paulo goes down in the hatch to hide the diamonds, then sees Ben and Juliette, how is he not trapped down there after they close and lock the hatch?

Wasn't the hatch covered up by the plane at this point as well? It's post-Boone death but pre-Losties discovering it, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The plane had not yet fallen on the hatch door. Paulo found the bag with the diamonds just after the events of 'Whatever the Case May Be' (s1ep12) because that was when Kate and Sawyer found the gun case in the lake. Boone didn't cause the plane to fall from the vine trellis until 'Deus Ex Machina' (s1e19), so there was plenty of time for Paulo to get down there. Also, I assume that there is some way of unlocking the hatch doors from the inside so that people don't get locked in there. It's just common sense, like regular doors.

[/ QUOTE ]

That can't be right because while Paulo is in the hatch with Ben and Juliette, you see Jack on the TV screen inside the main Hatch. Thus this must be at some point during Season 2, and the plane fell during Season 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, Season 2 does not all happen AFTER Season 1...a lot of it is during the same timeline as Season 1.

kidcolin 03-29-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More on Paulo... am I the only one who thought his hiding place for the diamonds was completely retarded? Especially after he sees other people use the hatch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When he placed the diamonds there he didn't know that anyone was using it. When he went with the other Losties he was retrieving the diamonds probably because he realized that people might find them.

[/ QUOTE ]

He saw Ben and Juliette between putting them there and going there with the Losties.

gisb0rne 03-29-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He saw Ben and Juliette between putting them there and going there with the Losties.

[/ QUOTE ]'

Yes. Are you suggesting he should have changed the hiding place after he saw those 2? Perhaps. Maybe he really didn't care all that much as he primarily wanted to hide them from his girlfriend. If the Others found them, she would still be in the dark. If the Losties found them, she'd know.

Pudge714 03-29-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Characters I find interesting
1. Locke
2. Ben
3. Jack
4. Sayid
5. Ethan
6. Sawyer
7. Jin
8. Juliette

[/ QUOTE ]
No Desmond?

CharlieDontSurf 03-29-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Locke
2. Ben
3. Jack
4. Sayid
5. Ethan
6. Sawyer
7. Jin
8. Juliette

[/ QUOTE ]
No Desmond?

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG...knew i was forgetting someone.

1. Locke
2. Desmond
3. Ben
4. Jack
5. Ethan
6. Sayid
7. Jin
8. Sawyer
9. Juliette
10. Goodwin

I strangely would like to see a flashback episode for both Goodwin and Ethan...def Ethan

fluorescenthippo 03-29-2007 09:18 PM

i just watched it and thought it was pretty good. after seeing Nick B's thread about it sucking this week i didnt have high hopes, and it helped make it better. keep doing that please!

xenthebrain 03-29-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok if Paulo and Nikki are alive, we got nothing at all from the plot of this episode. Normally, the writers put some piece of information in the episode or something that is relevant to the future.
When Paulo was on the beach with Nikki, before he got up and Nikki found the nicotine gum, he said to Nikki how he was confident that they would eventually leave the island. When Nikki asked him how, he responded that he was simply being optimistic. bs. I think that he used the radio to contact someone, whoever he got on the other end, outside world or others (probably others) gave him some kind of hope of escape from the island. He couldn't tell Nikki this was the reason he was optimistic because then he would have to explain that he got the radio while in the hatch hiding the diamonds that he wasn't supposed to have. Does this theory make sense? This seems to be the only way that this episode has any effect on the future if Paulo and Nikki come out alive.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are on the right track here.

Paolo was in the hatch-thing (forgot its name) below the airplane when Ben and Juliett came in. If they had just left, there would have been no way that Paolo would have been able to get out of there without help from someone. Did you mention how Paolo and Nikki used rocks and stuff to open the seals of the hatchdoor from the outside?

So he probably used the walkietalkie (or just shouted from below as they closed the hatch) to get help and Ben and Juliett or someone else from the others heard them and got him out.

So maybe they were working for the others afterall and he made a deal with them to do something for them and then he and Nikki would get brought off the island with the submarine.

[ QUOTE ]
this episode rocks!!! So Paulo knew all this and kept quiet the whole time?

[/ QUOTE ]
My theory would also explain this, since I don't believe that Paolo would keep something like "Ben: We have to capture (insert Jack's lastname)" for himself. There would be no reason to.

So, if alive or not, we will probably see them back atleast in flashbacks and then also with some relevance to the mainplot. There was a big gap in their story this episode that leaves enough room where they could have done something important we don't know yet.

Moozh 03-30-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Locke
2. Ben
3. Jack
4. Sayid
5. Ethan
6. Sawyer
7. Jin
8. Juliette

[/ QUOTE ]
No Desmond?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Locke, Desomnd, and Ben make the show. Locke is probably more interesting, but I get so much more excited whenever we get to see Desmond, even for bit lines.