Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555119)

markksman 11-27-2007 06:25 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
I love 25NL players complaining about people negotiating how many times to run it in million dollar pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love idiots who think the stakes you play for have anything to do with calling something stupid when it is stupid. Running more than once is stupid. If you can't afford to play at that level then don't play. Stopping borrowing Jennifer Harman's panties and playing in them.

If you can't afford to run it once, you should probably drop your game down.

As someone else mentioned, it also makes for sucktastic television.

suzzer99 11-27-2007 06:31 PM

Thanks for coming on here and giving us the lowdown Barry, I appreciate it. You are now officially my favorite poker celeb. If you ever come down the hill to S. Redondo I'd love to buy you a beer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nutsflopper 11-27-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My only big preflop hand comes after this. (I assume this will be shown on one of the upcoming episodes.) I had Kings. It happpened a long time ago, but I think the action goes like this: Someone raises in and I made it 10k and Antonio makes it 50k. This may be the first hand Antonio had played since four hours earlier when he flopped the set of Aces against me. I had between 250k and 300k at the start of the hand.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on the next episode

chipwiz 11-27-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love 25NL players complaining about people negotiating how many times to run it in million dollar pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love idiots who think the stakes you play for have anything to do with calling something stupid when it is stupid. Running more than once is stupid. If you can't afford to play at that level then don't play. Stopping borrowing Jennifer Harman's panties and playing in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is reducing variance stupid? Do you think PA, DB, etc. are stupid?

Micro Donk 11-27-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt question him, hes made TWO posts in the beginner forum, thats a world class player right there

RichGangi 11-27-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure he wonīt get into this show again if he canīt put up the money - everybody hates him, heīs terrible tv and nobody would stake him.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
http://michelemiller.blogs.com/photo...eople_jpeg.jpg

eggegg 11-27-2007 06:49 PM

Can someone make me a GIF of when Patrik hears Farha call him. I want it as my avatar... absolutely classic.

pdjplano 11-27-2007 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not stupid for the players at all. but i think it reduces the entertainment value of the show. i'd rather see the hands played out once and the big pots shipped to a particular person than having multiple chances to see the money split. split pots are very anti-climatic and reduce the entertainment value.

it would have been much more entertaining to watch that KQs versus J9 hand played out once for 900k+ with the flush hitting the turn and the boat w/the river.

suzzer99 11-27-2007 07:05 PM

I agree.

BrookTrout 11-27-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anything more awkward than watching gold break the stacks of cash and count out hundreds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching him dig at the bottom of his bag, hoping that there's a chip or two that he's overlooked when he's trying to top-up his stack...

If by awkward you mean hilarious... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]