Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

OnYourBike 11-10-2007 05:42 PM

Re: .

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in Laos but make a monthly visa run to Thailand. The countries are very similar but I find Laos better in almost all respects. I would suggest spending at least a couple days in the country. If you have any questions you can PM me or even better, bump my Laos thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question. What made you decide to live in Laos rather than a developed country?

beats 11-10-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So hey, I went through the past 1000 posts or something and compiled a list of 2+2ers who are currently in Thailand. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Degen
farang0
KKF
ofdabeat
WhoIam - Thailand/Laos?
ofdabeat
NewTeaBag
cookie
beats
Wally Balls
shinigami

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved back to San Francisco about a year ago. I think Degen is back in California too. The good news is, they have hot Thai girls here too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mmerli 11-10-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm cracking up thinking about what would happen if we actually showed up in the middle of the night with balaclavas and airsoft MP5s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bring some food (preferably chicken) and I probably wont even notice the guns.
Seriously we're sitting ducks here. Roger couldn't even bring home 4 pizzas without losing 2 of them in a brawl against the pack of mad dogs patrolling the muddy road outside our house! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Mmerli 11-10-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the 2p2 name of the French dood who came down earlier this week?

Dood beat me in a 3AM guess that girls age prop bet by 2mos [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also left a rather dislpleased lady at Safari.

[/ QUOTE ]
FBP is his 2p2 nick.
I txted him about what happened at Safari. Apparently he has no recollection of the whole incident. He was kinda (very) drunk too... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

WhoIam 11-10-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Serious question. What made you decide to live in Laos rather than a developed country?

[/ QUOTE ] ask me anything about living in Laos
Vientiane at least is as developed as most of Thailand. There's every kind of ethnic restaurant, I can order groceries from the internet and have them delivered to my door, there's a modern shopping mall, etc.

Pumpui 11-11-2007 04:15 AM

so can anyone point me to used motorcycles or new ones in bangkok..
i really want one. asap.

WhoIam 11-11-2007 04:24 AM

Bangkok is probably not the best place to learn to ride a motorbike. Make sure you get an automatic; you'll have enough to worry about while driving without having to pay attention to switching gears.

My friend has a proper motorcycle but it's not very useful in the city and he's trying to sell it. It's not nearly as maneuverable as a motorbike and is generally a pain if you aren't traveling long distances on highways.

Pumpui 11-11-2007 04:53 AM

i meant a small 125cc bike/scooters

snowbank 11-11-2007 06:06 AM

Should I buy an English/Thai dictionary before I come?

kaah 11-11-2007 09:52 AM

Am I the only one on Khao san rd. in a sub 1K b room?