Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2+2er Nike Plus running group - who's in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295947)

nolanfan34 01-26-2007 07:48 PM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]
just got my marware case, and I'm thinking my calibration issue was probably due to the sensor being installed upsidedown, (didn't know it mattered...) hopefully it's accurate now, though I still plan on hitting the track soon to calibrate it precisely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized I did the same thing, so I need to recalibrate as well. The red side needs to face down, right? (I don't have the instructions in front of me)

DonkeyKongSr 01-26-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just got my marware case, and I'm thinking my calibration issue was probably due to the sensor being installed upsidedown, (didn't know it mattered...) hopefully it's accurate now, though I still plan on hitting the track soon to calibrate it precisely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized I did the same thing, so I need to recalibrate as well. The red side needs to face down, right? (I don't have the instructions in front of me)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it facing up and it works fine. Can somebody with the shoes chime in on what direction it goes in there?

Rogue5 01-26-2007 09:29 PM

the marware instructions say red face down, not sure what the nike+ shoes have you do though.

Rogue5 01-27-2007 10:28 PM

with the Marware case it's working like a champ. With the sensor in the pouch correctly it's almost dead on, I'll probably calibrate it sometime anyways, but for now it looks to be pretty close.

rdh009 01-29-2007 09:50 PM

add please, username: rdh009

Nomar 01-30-2007 05:56 PM

I finally set up the Shoe Pouch and my run time/ distance was waaaay off. My life time avg on was 7.42 over 44 miles, today I supposedly ran 4.24 miles at 10.10 pace. Even though I ran the same route I normally run which is almost 6 miles in 43 minutes.

I will adjust the pouch and try again, but as of now Im pretty pissed.

DonkeyKongSr 01-30-2007 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I finally set up the Shoe Pouch and my run time/ distance was waaaay off. My life time avg on was 7.42 over 44 miles, today I supposedly ran 4.24 miles at 10.10 pace. Even though I ran the same route I normally run which is almost 6 miles in 43 minutes.

I will adjust the pouch and try again, but as of now Im pretty pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't use my pouch either because it was so off when I first tried it. I haven't gotten around to calibrating it. I actually don't mind the velcroing though as the velcro is the exact color of my shoe toungue, so it is totally unnoticeable at quick glance when I remove the sensor.

skunkworks 01-30-2007 07:06 PM

I'm kind of pissed. It looks like I'll need to return my Sauconys as they continue to give me arch blisters. Either that or I'll need to get a better insole.

Moral of the story: don't stray from Asics.

DonkeyKongSr 01-30-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of pissed. It looks like I'll need to return my Sauconys as they continue to give me arch blisters. Either that or I'll need to get a better insole.

Moral of the story: don't stray from Asics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought my first pair of Asics about 6 months ago. Previously I was a Nike loyalist, but I decided to take a shot on some Asics. I love them. I think they'll be my next pair of running shoes, too.

Nomar 01-30-2007 08:45 PM

FWIW I have never had a good experience with Nike running shoes.