Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I DESERVE RESPECT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518814)

SlowHabit 11-10-2007 04:55 AM

Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe didnt you recommend six flags at one point?

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#chart4:s...ource=undefined

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did. I also recommended selling it when it was at $4.15.

[/ QUOTE ]
Burnnn baby burnnn.

spino1i 11-10-2007 04:21 PM

I see your continuing to reem in the money with TTWO. Down 25% in the last month now.

Shoe 11-10-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your continuing to reem in the money with TTWO. Down 25% in the last month now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is still up (and out-performed the market) in general since I recommended it. I'm sure your well aware of how the overall market has performed over the last week or so, which has driven down even the best of stocks, presenting many great buying opportunities across many sectors at the present time.

kimchi 11-11-2007 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is still up (and out-performed the market) in general since I recommended it. I'm sure your well aware of how the overall market has performed over the last week or so, which has driven down even the best of stocks, presenting many great buying opportunities across many sectors at the present time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoe, how have your investments done on a risk-adjusted basis?

I personally feel that your ego is solidly tied to this thread. The Market has a very unique way of dealing with egos.

BeL0wMe 11-11-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoe TTWO is now at 15.38, where do you think will be a nice spot to pick it up at now? Should I wait another week for it to possibly drop more, since there is a good probability of more selloffs this week.

Shoe 11-11-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoe, how have your investments done on a risk-adjusted basis?

I personally feel that your ego is solidly tied to this thread. The Market has a very unique way of dealing with egos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the whole risk-adjusted return theory. It is a theory and I do not consider it to be fact. I'm sure I'll get slammed for that, but like Buffet says, if you do enough research there really isn't any risk. Now, i'm not saying I have done enough research but I am working towards getting better and better at it.

But I would be interested in seeing what calculation you use to determine risk.

Shoe 11-11-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoe TTWO is now at 15.38, where do you think will be a nice spot to pick it up at now? Should I wait another week for it to possibly drop more, since there is a good probability of more selloffs this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think now is a good time to buy. I honestly don't know which direction it is going to go over the next week or so. It really depends if wall-street in general decides to stay in mass panic mode or not. It could definitely dip farther but where that bottom is I don't know. It has already dropped more than I was expecting.

It should bounce back nicely once all the dust settles and I expect it to be back over 20 and surging by the time GTA comes out.

Henry17 11-12-2007 09:02 AM

Just so I can follow this better.

1) Did you actually do the credit card thing or was that simply musing about the possibility?

2) If you did it do you mind sharing your start date?

Shoe 11-13-2007 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just so I can follow this better.

1) Did you actually do the credit card thing or was that simply musing about the possibility?

2) If you did it do you mind sharing your start date?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did do it, but still have not maxed out my credit completely -- I could get more offers still if I want to, but I decided I'd hold off on the rest to ensure I will have good transfer options when my favorable terms start to expire next spring/summer.

I'd need to look up the exact dates, but I started doing this in July. I got my first credit card loan in early July and a few more over the course of the next month.

My only regret is I didn't start earlier.