Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   What'd You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390785)

AJay2000 06-19-2007 12:13 AM

Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

32-42=74

Played from the white tees on the course I grew up on as my brother was in town. I was in total control of my game for the first 14 holes.

I then did something I have NEVER done in my life on the golf course: I teed my ball up from outside the tee markers.

WHAT??? The rule states you must asses a two stroke penalty after the first stroke, then you must play another shot from within the teeing area.

Nice Quad on that hole. Birdied the next, doubled 17 (bad club/bad management) then a par to finish.

So, two over par. There you go. I love golf - I get to try and go low again tomorrow!

- Jay

Zimmer4141 06-19-2007 12:34 AM

Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring here.

Shot a 38 (+3) on a short, kinda crappy course by me. I'm coming back from a month-long hiatus so it wasn't bad, but I still have a lot of room to improve. I have a goal this year to play in the County Championship and compete in Championship Flight, where the winner is usually 1 or 2 under after 36 holes.

The course that it's played on is a fairly easy course, all 4 Par 5s are reachable in 2, so if I fire on all cylinders for 2 days I might be able to compete.

Hey_Porter 06-19-2007 11:03 AM

WOO-HOO. Shot even par over nine holes yesterday. Easy course, but it still made me happy. I hit 7/9 GIR, and one of those misses was on the fringe and only 12 feet or so. The other ended up in a bogey from the worst lie possible (on the back edge of a tall island in a sand trap), and a birdie on the last hole. I was also quite pleased because it came after a change in my swing that on the range felt really positive, and was. We'll see if the goodness continues today.

Clarkmeister 06-19-2007 12:22 PM

First round of the year. 54-48-102. Had a shot to break 100 on the back, but drove into the water on an easy par-3 16th. My putting was even more brutal than normal too.

SpartMan1 06-19-2007 02:23 PM

Played a 4 man scramble at Coyote Creek in Illinois (72 rating/130 slope, 6701 yds), shot a 6-under 64. meh.

Beat: We actually played more of a three man scramble since our 4th put a drill bit through his thumb while attempting to install a window about 2 hours before our tee time.

Brag: Won a 5 lb. Hershey bar at the raffle afterwards.

Cornboy 06-19-2007 02:45 PM

Played 9 yesterday:

Brag: +1 after 6 holes (best run ever)

Beat: Finished +9 overall.

Variance: Finished +9 partially due to hurting my hand. Had to cut my follow through down due to a large branch, didn't want to break the club. Heard a pop in my hand instead. Swollen today, think it's broken?

KotOD 06-19-2007 02:47 PM

41 with an opening double bogey on a hole that I par 95% of the time. ARGH.

Zimmer4141 06-19-2007 03:13 PM

39 today, I was blocking my driver right all day, and my iron distances are still horribly inconsistent. 4 bogeys, 1 birdie. I'll probably go play 9 more this evening, I'm just still getting back in it so I have trouble walking 18 with no break in-between.

tisthefire 06-19-2007 10:38 PM

43 on a par 3 9 hole, pretty terrible but my first round in 6 years(i'm 16 now) so i was super pleased

ReDeYES88 06-20-2007 07:58 AM

Brag: Played a four man scramble at the Peter Jacobson designed Oregon Golf Club.

Brag: Won the KP prize on the 205 yard 8th with an 11'-2" shot.

Beat: Our team could NOT sink a put within 12' of the hole all day. I think we one putted exactly three times all day. This is a team that includes two players under 10 handicap, and one around 15 or so. Needless to say we finished the day -1, and the winning team was -14.

Variance: Was also KP on another par 3, but was ultimately inched out by 3".