Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The official PAYTRU thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388031)

AbeFroman17 10-07-2007 01:10 PM

Re: The official PAYTRU thread

I received this email this morning. I have to think this is NOT a good thing. The company sure looks like they are passively getting out of the gambling business in the US. So, while mine doesn't expire for years, I think it is probably prudent to NOT keep a lot of money on there. I am putting my limit at $500. If it costs me a few bucks to withdraw all the time, I think that is a better option than getting hosed if they end up going belly up. Companies that make decisions like this have little reason to keep things going if they are not in their long term plans.

Mac

BadLieutenant 10-07-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I received this email this morning. I have to think this is NOT a good thing. The company sure looks like they are passively getting out of the gambling business in the US. So, while mine doesn't expire for years, I think it is probably prudent to NOT keep a lot of money on there. I am putting my limit at $500. If it costs me a few bucks to withdraw all the time, I think that is a better option than getting hosed if they end up going belly up. Companies that make decisions like this have little reason to keep things going if they are not in their long term plans.

Mac

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this email sunday morning.Good thing I don't have any money in my PaytTru account.

joshrocker 10-07-2007 03:29 PM

I also received my email. My card doesn't expire until 2010 but i'll be a little bit nervous about using my card from here on out. What sucks for me was this was one of my last ways to deposit. None of my credit or debit cards work. I'll still use the card, but I won't leave any money sit on it. I'll transfer to and from a poker site and immediately withdraw my funds from an ATM if i'm doing a cashout.

gator8373 10-07-2007 09:19 PM

guess i will start requsting checks from PS instead. rather be certain to get my money than take a chance and have it held up like neteller. sucks. this was a great convenient low cost arrangement.
[ QUOTE ]
I also received my email. My card doesn't expire until 2010 but i'll be a little bit nervous about using my card from here on out. What sucks for me was this was one of my last ways to deposit. None of my credit or debit cards work. I'll still use the card, but I won't leave any money sit on it. I'll transfer to and from a poker site and immediately withdraw my funds from an ATM if i'm doing a cashout.

[/ QUOTE ]

gator8373 10-07-2007 09:28 PM

btw, sent the following email and received an immediate response. i still will leave a very small amount on the card and w/d to my bank account after each PS cashout.

Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 9:12 PM
To: support@paytrucard.com
Subject: Re: Important information with regard to your payTru Account

my card expires in 2010. why am i receiving this email now?

Hello PayTru Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

Kindly note, this was sent out as a mass mailer to all cardholders in our active database. Specifically, it was targeted to those cardholders whose card would expire within the next 30 – 90 days. This policy has recently been implemented, and will be reviewed in the future – should there be any changes it will be communicated to you.

Regards,

Oluichi
PayTru Customer Support

Losing all 10-08-2007 12:42 AM

I got the same email today, not sure what to make of it. NT gave us zero warning, PT giving me 28 months. How about a happy medium, say 2-4 weeks. I think small cashouts and pulling it out right away is probably a good idea.

poorolrich 10-08-2007 12:36 PM

That is the same response that I received although from a different person. I have sent four e-mails since I got mine but no information other than what you show has been given.

MicroBob 10-10-2007 01:15 AM

I don't keep any money on there anyway.
If I cashout to Paytru then it's to hit the ATM or make another purchase pretty much right-away.

For some reason though I did not get this e-mail.
I must be good to go on Paytru FOREVERZZZZ!!!!

pshady 10-13-2007 04:52 AM

paytru is the greatest cashout/deposit tool ever created!!... as a matter of fact the greatest thing to ever happen for pokerstars!!! its really sad to see this go away in the year 2010. ;(

KajunKenny 10-17-2007 12:38 PM

anyone else having problems logging in?