Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347301)

Zurvan 03-05-2007 05:19 PM

Re: LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]

so durron shouldn't post his thoughts on the game???? wtfwtfwtfwtf

[/ QUOTE ]

Soah: it's the way he does it.

I have an idea: why don't you let durron and I discuss my opinion on durron, and you go elsewhere.

Stephen H 03-05-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luckay: I'm pretty sure Sam isn't worth trading for a single villager. This is nearly equivilant to just having Frodo come out if we're about to lynch a villager, which gets frodo killed that night instead of sam. Either way we end up with the masonry gone and the seer running without a backup. No one really suggests a seer come out to save one villager from a lynch early on, do they?

[/ QUOTE ]
The thing about Sam coming out saving a villager is that we have an ANGEL (lol) who can 100% protect sam (lol) so I feel that Sam shoudl definitely come out and clear a villager, worth it

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Aragon: Angel, cannot protect Frodo or Sam. 50% protection on Gandalf and himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol you, sir. LOL YOU.

Maybe you should go back and retract all that garbage about this game being more village-favored until you actually know all the rules and have a clue as to what you're talking about?

durron597 03-05-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
zurvan,

what if we split the list, and gandalf may switch to the other list if he thinks he's got a better than random shot at hitting theoden?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not understand this hardon people have for splitting the list.

ZOMG THEY MIGHT PEEK THE SAME PERSON

Who gives a [censored]? Maybe all their peeks will die the day after they peek them. I typically ignore it (or don't put up a huge stink about it), but in this case, there is a disadvantage to limiting who a seer can peek. Half the time, we're losing a potential bonus, for no good reason, other than letting a few people feel like they're in charge of the village, or allow the wolves to look villagery because they make a strategy post.

[/ QUOTE ]

please read survive/protect/eliminate or average speed 9 for what happens when seers duplicate lots of peeks

fmxda 03-05-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
luckay,

it doesn't matter if there's a theoden tell or not. by splitting the list, you've already given a 50% chance of us not finding theoden.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is only bad if one person decides which names get peeked by who. If we can get an outside random seed to allocate the peek ranges... it should be ok

durron597 03-05-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an idea: why don't you let durron and I discuss my opinion on durron, and you go elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you stop being a dick

chuckleslovakian 03-05-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
luckay,

it doesn't matter if there's a theoden tell or not. by splitting the list, you've already given a 50% chance of us not finding theoden.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf
this is some kind of statistical argument flaw right? Like in poker, suppose you have pocket twos, and you calculate the odds of hitting a set...you don't account for cards dealt out to other players, even though theoretically you could have a 0% chance of hitting a set if other players got a two

peeking theoden is pure luck, splitting the lists does nothing

[/ QUOTE ]
peeking faramir is pure luck. Theoden knows who he is

Neil S 03-05-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
luckay,

[/ QUOTE ]Is that the New Math?

Zurvan 03-05-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you stop being a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

Soah's pissing me off.

I was just commenting on your style, because I know you have good villager reads. I also know that the way you present them causes a lot of people to ignore them.

If that's the way you feel about it, I'll continue to let you waste your time getting ignored.

LuckayLuck 03-05-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FOR ANYONE WHO OBVIOUSLY DIDNT READ THE RULES - IE LUCKAY

aragorn can not protect Sam or Frodo

carry on

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL MISUNDERSTANDAMENTS
I SUCK
LET ME NOW DISPLAY A FUNNY PICTURE TO MAKE YOU ALL LAUGH AND FORGET ABOUT MY STUPIDITY
http://spamusement.com/gfx/60.gif

soah 03-05-2007 05:27 PM

no one else has expressed any interest in ignoring him