Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

IlPug 09-28-2006 02:07 AM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

southerndog, its never been an issue for me, though politically i'd have to agree. again, my family lives there and i see nothing that affects day to day life.

i dont actually remember where i lived, it was near that university, and it was a big mango farm...also near some sort fish farm. i lived there from when i was born till around 4, and we're renting the place out atm. many good memories of chaing mai, but i havenet been in ages.

edit: i think it was near maejo university (at least i remember we had to go through maejo at some point), and it was around 20k outside of the city. also, there was this awesome italian place, run by an old gent who insisted everyone call him granpapa (he was italian married to a thai i think).. hope its still around.. (this wasnt near the house, just a random memory)

Edited second time for attempted clarity

Edit #3 Found the restaurant i think

'Piccola Roma Palace Italian Restaurant, at corner of Charoenprathet Road & Sri Donchai Road near Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel +66 53-820297 / +66 53-271256 - open lunch & dinner. An unforgettable dining experience amid beautiful surroundings. Serving residents over 15 years.'

AJFenix 09-28-2006 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm a tourist there. I'm not allowed to work when I am there. I am also not allowed to access Party or Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still do? Playing poker online (not too big of a concern) and accessing funds shouldn't be a problem, right? KKF plays poker just fine

Either way, awesome thread as others have said, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to visit next year. Maybe mason55 and/or Parlay Slow will go with me.

edfurlong 09-28-2006 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm a tourist there. I'm not allowed to work when I am there. I am also not allowed to access Party or Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still do? Playing poker online (not too big of a concern) and accessing funds shouldn't be a problem, right? KKF plays poker just fine

Either way, awesome thread as others have said, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to visit next year. Maybe mason55 and/or Parlay Slow will go with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was responding to a tax question, not allowed doesn't mean can't.

Iron Tigran 09-28-2006 02:20 AM

So, it's cool to have multiple girlfriends. But, let's say you get sick of one, how do you dump her without her losing face and stabbing you?

How down are Thai girls with threesomes?

AJFenix 09-28-2006 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He was responding to a tax question, not allowed doesn't mean can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a US citizen so that part didn't pertain to me, but is gambling and whatnot illegal in thailand? Are thai banks ok with Neteller/Firepay?

southerndog 09-28-2006 02:28 AM

Pug, I actually know of the restaurant you are speaking. Haven't been there yet, though.

southerndog 09-28-2006 02:29 AM

Degen probably doesn't have a Thai Bank account. That would require a work permit, etc.

xwillience 09-28-2006 02:31 AM

While on the topics of banks.... will my visa/debit card work over there or how do I get cash/baht?

IlPug 09-28-2006 02:35 AM

southerndog, good, then i suppose i wasnt just rambling pointlessly:P

Dadswell 09-28-2006 02:37 AM

How do you get cash out of online sites/neteller?