Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on alert) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550125)

ChrisV 11-20-2007 10:38 AM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
why was barry's call atrocious? it's farha. i bet sammy's 3 barreled barry there with much less before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Farha has been a bit less crazy on the 500K table, and it's not like he was heads up with Greenstein, it was 4 ways to the flop and Greenstein bet into 3 opponents and then Farha raised with two players, including Gold, yet to act behind him. I don't see even Sammy doing that with complete air. He might have a draw, but then like every draw hit.

streetz 11-20-2007 10:41 AM

sick call w/ QQ vs. gold's 10-7. worst board for an over pr ever. i would never make that call.

Bluegrass Poker 11-20-2007 10:49 AM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on alert)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe no one's mentioned the conversation about Phil Laak between Antonio, Doyle and Barry.

Don't remember the exact conversation but Antonio says something about Laak, Doyle says "who", Antonio goes "you know the Unabomber, wears the sweatshirt pulled over his head?" Doyle deadpans "never heard of him" Barry jumps in with "Mr. Tilly". (And yes, I know that Doyle knows Laak.)

I thought it was funny anyway. But then again, I'm easily amused. And anything was more amusing than the Sammy/Jamie hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] you're easily amused.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] guilty as charged.

It helped me recover from the life tilt the Farha/Gold hand caused. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

VPIP100 11-20-2007 11:28 AM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on alert)

I think Farha plays extremely well in the 500k game, only exception he should have shoved river with them aces.

SpaceJanitor 11-20-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Doyle in this episode. He was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle seems to have a really great sense of humor in general - he's not fooling around stupidly all the time like others, but when he does make a joke it is always spot-on and hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Joseph Hewes 11-20-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Antonio: "Sick versus sicker"
Doyle: "You mean dumb and dumber?"

*when they are discussing about Gold check-raising in the dark*
Doyle: "What has poker come to?"

Doyle: "If my daddy knew I was a loser in this poker game he'd come out of the grave and beat the heck out of me"
Barry: "Exactly lol"

[/ QUOTE ] lmao

Jazzy3113 11-20-2007 11:50 AM

My feelings on the show/thread.

1. I think we finally got a window into what Jaime did during his WSOP run. I feel that when he is in a big pot and the adrenaline is running his fear/excitement manifests itself into a diarreha of words. He just talks and talks.
But on that AA vs KK hand he really got the best of Sammy. If you watch the river chatter, Jaimie almost had me convinced he had a ten. I mean he genuinely seemed to think he had the best of it. If Sammy didnt take 20 years on every street, he would have gotten paid, but you have to give the annoying Gold credit for chatting his way to saveing 180k.

2. I know Sammy is a high stakes regular, but does he derive all his income from gambling? I mean the way he plays is so loose I would almost describe it as spewy. The guy is unbelievable.

3. I think some of the people on this thread just like to whine and seem holier than thou. They are the types of people who refer to every other player as a "fish". I cannot count the number of times I have read a post about what a fish Guy is. Of course he is you damn morons. He runs a billion dollar company and scouts talent for it. You think he gives a [censored] about pot odds, position, etc.
Thank you team obvious for pointing out that a recreational player is playing recreationally. God, some of you are idiots.

4. Who has a more annoying personality, Antonio or Laak? And please stop referring to Tilly as a movie star girlfriend. She is like 50, gross looking, crazy voice, and look at her filmography. Its a trainwreck with about a dozen chuckie movies in there. I bet most people wives look better than her.

5. Doyle was actully getting mad at how long Sammy and jaimie were taking. Is it ok to push the action when someone has a 100k decision to make?

6. Why is there no straddle and does anyone know if Eli will be playing?

Daniel Magix 11-20-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah i found that checkraise so awful watching the hand but I had to think about it when he was getting praised by Doyle or whoever was saying good play to get an extra $50k just thought it was weird he can praise that play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really not understand why Doyle would compliment this play?

Doyle and Barry make a great team.

_Drogo_ 11-20-2007 11:51 AM

I'm not sure Guy played his JJ badly. Against most players that would be a terrible line since, as already noted, it turns your hand into a bluff. However, against someone who bluffs a lot (Jamie) and who plays combo draws like pair plus gutshot strongly (Jamie) which is a hand you aren't that far ahead of, then a raise is the perfect play.
Think about how many cards you don't want to see on the river even if you think Jamie is full of it.

Maybe that isn't what he was thinking, maybe he is pretty bad and just thought "ZOMG, overpair! I can't lose!" but maybe he isn't as bad as we thought. It is hard to tell, he is getting hammered by the deck.

Tony

KamiKatze 11-20-2007 11:51 AM

lolol at Doyle after playing poker for like 200 years, saying QQ is not a favorite against T7 on a 789 board.

Then Jamie confirming.

Noobs