Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501886)

A2steaksauce 09-15-2007 09:51 PM

Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

I just called AP security, they said they couldn't comment until they had looked into the situation more thoroughly. The lady seemed to have no idea what twoplustwo was. AP really needs to get its act together.

adanthar 09-15-2007 09:53 PM

all,

any future posts on cashout curses, bad RNG's, and generic bad beat stories at seventeen other sites ITT will be deleted. feel free to start your own threads (God knows I know we're about to see a thousand of them) but this particular one is strictly for discussion of "people who know everyone's hole cards" at Absolute and what to do about it.

bubaloo 09-15-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this thread last a few days ago. While mostly I play lower stake NL games, I've also played my share of high limit games up to 30-60 limit. I've been saying for months now that something weird is going on.

My Thread

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the bad beats in that thread are exactly because he knew your hole cards.

people, stop sucking at poker plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you make a predictable, retarded statement go ahead and look at the hands, because you obviously didn't. While it wasn't a situation where he knew my hole cards, it was a weird situation where he got in with the worst everytime and hit everytime. It was almost like he knew the OUTCOME of the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

just stoved all those hands for when the money went in, and the probability of losing all of them is 0.00115, keep in mind that the odds of being dealt a specific pair (say AA)are 0.00453.

edit: jsut seen the above post, please keep this one, as it proves a point.

double edit: thejokeriswild-- by this post i mean its not unlikely at all that you had this bad run. 0.00115 is not at ridiculously small percentage.

Oki-Oki 09-15-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is terrible for online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be a blessing in disguise if it serves as an impetus for poker sites to develop standards and practices and conform to them, or if it causes them to be regulated by an agency with actual teeth and not a fake one like kahnawakee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if this ever blows up which im not convinced it does, its going to be bad in the short-term but overall I dont think its going really hurt online poker.

It might kill off alot of the smaller sites but sites like Stars, fulltilt and party etc. will still be as strong as ever.

Hell it might just convince the US to legalise and regulate the industry which would be a great thing.

ebepse 09-15-2007 09:59 PM

well, until this is settled why dont we just post about it in the most popular 2p2 forums? hopefully p5s and the other sites will start talking about this too. we can all tell our friends and they can tell their friends. lets get the word out quick - some online poker players can see your cards. hopefully people will get scared to play online. then, we can finally get some nice layovers in donkaments m i rite???

Stake Monster 09-15-2007 10:05 PM

I am curious, if that person somehow hacked a "superuser" account, then how come he is able to play it under numerous usernames? Could he possibly access that "cheat" from any account?

In any case it should be very easy for Absolute to fix the issue. Personally, I think it's very likely Absolute is actually using it to make money off people.

ikestoys 09-15-2007 10:10 PM

i just got all my nl30 hands for the last month, but i have no PT (new computer, can't download it with the site down). Would someone take a look at the hands in it? PM me plz

Thanks

[Phill] 09-15-2007 10:11 PM

Stake,

Presumably it isnt one account someone hacked, but the system used to create accounts - so effectively there is a check box with:

[ ] Normal Account
[X] Super Account

Again, all VERY hyperthetical on every leve.

Chump Change 09-15-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this thread last a few days ago. While mostly I play lower stake NL games, I've also played my share of high limit games up to 30-60 limit. I've been saying for months now that something weird is going on.

My Thread

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the bad beats in that thread are exactly because he knew your hole cards.

people, stop sucking at poker plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you make a predictable, retarded statement go ahead and look at the hands, because you obviously didn't. While it wasn't a situation where he knew my hole cards, it was a weird situation where he got in with the worst everytime and hit everytime. It was almost like he knew the OUTCOME of the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

just stoved all those hands for when the money went in, and the probability of losing all of them is 0.00115, keep in mind that the odds of being dealt a specific pair (say AA)are 0.00453.

edit: jsut seen the above post, please keep this one, as it proves a point.

double edit: thejokeriswild-- by this post i mean its not unlikely at all that you had this bad run. 0.00115 is not at ridiculously small percentage.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify further, that's about a 1/800 while the math we're dealing with in the LHE examples is approaching lottery winning levels.

adanthar 09-15-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just got all my nl30 hands for the last month, but i have no PT (new computer, can't download it with the site down). Would someone take a look at the hands in it? PM me plz

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

gimme