Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Read this before starting a "Who Do I pick in Survivor" Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497753)

Caldarooni 10-10-2007 06:36 PM

Re: Read this before starting a \"Who Do I pick in Survivor\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm liking Arizona at home versus Carolina. Anybody have thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already bet on the Carolina ML.

benza13 10-10-2007 06:36 PM

I still have Baltimore, so I'll probably go with that, but no game is screaming out as a lock this week.

Tyler Durden 10-10-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm liking Arizona at home versus Carolina. Anybody have thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even w/ David Carr as the QB and a bad secondary that will get victimized by the Anquan Boldin, Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald?

Caldarooni 10-10-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even w/ David Carr as the QB and a bad secondary that will get victimized by the Anquan Boldin, Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that a team with a week to prepare for Kurt Warner will be victimized. His no huddle gig helped as a changeup but there is a reason he hasnt been an effective starting QB in many years.

However, I expect many will share your opinion going into game.

Tyler Durden 10-11-2007 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that a team with a week to prepare for Kurt Warner will be victimized. His no huddle gig helped as a changeup but there is a reason he hasnt been an effective starting QB in many years.

However, I expect many will share your opinion going into game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a suggestion as to who I should pick for Survivor (used PIT, BAL, NE, DAL, TEN)? thanks.

34TheTruth34 10-11-2007 12:33 PM

Gotta break the inter-divsional rule this week and go with SD. I think they may be back after last week. Anyone else have a better idea?

Levarkin 10-11-2007 01:27 PM

Yeesh. Winning percentages according to MLs at Pinny:

San Diego: 82%
Baltimore: 81%
Seattle: 73%
Jacksonville: 73%

All you care about is this and separation, but with two dominant favourites (San Diego and Baltimore), getting meaningful separation is going to be difficult anyway. Way too much of a risk to take a team not on this list.

True North 10-11-2007 04:32 PM

I'm on Baltimore this week. I'm picking whoever's opposite St. Louis whenever possible. Looking ahead to next week, I'm already regretting taking the Seahawks in week 1.

DonkeyKongSr 10-14-2007 03:26 PM

[censored]. Two of the other 3 guys left also went with Baltimore and the 3rd picked JAX (he already used BAL). Nobody out again and it seems like the guys lefy have a decent clue what's going on. This could be a tough finish.

Picking next week is going to be brutal. I'm probably going to have to pick between crappy teams at home playing equally crappy opponents.

True North 10-14-2007 04:01 PM

Next week could be a good week to use the Giants (home to SF) for anyone who doesn't have Seattle available.