Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=429476)

MyTurn2Raise 08-25-2007 10:07 PM

Re: College Football Thread

tangerine

LOL

jgunnip 08-25-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For Michigan fans, how hard would it be to get tickets to the Oregon game? My wife and I live in Pittsburgh and are thinking of driving up to see Oregon play. It would be a great opportunity to see the big house, something I would love to do some day, and see my beloved ducks.

Do they sell out every game? What kind of markup would I be looking at from resellers?

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason there seems to be pretty high demand for tickets to this game. A lot of people around campus seem to be looking for extras for friends/family coming in from out of town.

Generally there are scalpers around campus selling tickets a few days before the game up until game time. I would think $75-80 max per ticket but I'm really not sure

MyTurn2Raise 08-26-2007 05:26 PM

PAC-10 predictions

1) SC
2) UCLA
3) Oregon
4) Arizona St
5) Oregon St
6) Cal
7) Wazzu
8) Zona
9) Washington
10) Stanford

SC is by far the class
#2-#6 are pretty equivalent and it's just how the schedule works out
Stanford is by far the worst

Your Mom 08-26-2007 09:13 PM

guys, CFB starts in 4 days. I can't f'n wait.

JackWhite 08-26-2007 09:38 PM

MyTurn2Raise...last year you mentioned something about a handicapping contest for this CFB season. Any interest in a 2+2 CFB handicapping contest?

Mediocre_Player 08-26-2007 09:58 PM

MT2R - SEC question ... was the florida 3rd in SEC east predicated on them losing to both Tenn & UGA or just how the remainder of the sched. for all the teams breaks down?

TruFloridaGator 08-26-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For some reason people think of Chris Leak like he was Reggie Ball or something. That guy was good! Tebow > Leak at passing? Ever? Maybe I'm way off here, but IMO, never ever ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, but he will be. Leak was pretty much the worst deep ball passer UF has had in a decade. He is ridiculous at intermediate passing but Tebow can throw the deep ball much better & has a lot more zip on his ball. Everyone thinks Leak is so amazing because he played well in the MNC game, but all he really did in that game was throw to wide open WRs on short routes.

TruFloridaGator 08-26-2007 10:08 PM

I don't think UT is going to beat UF so these predictions are going to get messed up pretty quick this year.

MyTurn2Raise 08-26-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MyTurn2Raise...last year you mentioned something about a handicapping contest for this CFB season. Any interest in a 2+2 CFB handicapping contest?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah....interested, but I don't want to take up much time
I've tried to clear my schedule of things that take time but don't earn me dollars
The whole having a gf means my freetime should go for her quite a bit and not to spending any more hours on football
I view it as a Brag, but many will say it's a beat

alright...I had a change of heart when writing this
we can do some trashtalking thing

yahoo! fantasy has a college pick'em

I've set up a group - 2p2Donkeys
password - Juice

AP top 25 picking verse the spread

they haven't started it up yet, so I'm not sure how it will work and if you can join the group

hopefully, the pick set will be up soon
you're allowed to wait 5 minutes until gametime to pick
also, in the past, games without a line were counted as picking the winner of the game (lame flaw in the system)

orange 08-26-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think UT is going to beat UF so these predictions are going to get messed up pretty quick this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
or UGA either :P