Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   What'd You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390785)

cookie 06-12-2007 05:00 AM

Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

127ish

Couldnt sleep so took a bus at 615am to the closest golf club The driver sliced insanely like always... any tips to not slice? I can hit around 220+ meters with the insane slice so think I could get some very decent driving if I could hit the ball straight.

My putting was very bad do to being tired combined with super fast greens...

Hey_Porter 06-12-2007 10:50 AM

Yesterday was a good example for me about how the short game is where it's at. I couldn't make good contact all day long, but didn't three putt once, got up and down a couple times, and shot a 38 (par 34).

Last Friday was awesome. I shot an 85 on a pretty simple but fun course, but the best part was the gambling. I have a friend who I play with every now and then, usually on executive courses with another friend who is just starting. This friend sees that he hits the ball farther than me, and actually pretty straight, but fails to recognize that I'm 200 times better than him around the greens. Because of this, when setting up the gambling game and handicaps, he volunteers that he will play me straight up. I'm no Tiger, but trust me, this is a good deal for me. I beat him by 10 strokes on the front nine, finish winning all six nassaus I'm playing, plus 13 of 18 skins (we were playing a foursome, other players getting 10 strokes each).

4Tay 06-12-2007 11:16 AM

On Sunday, I shot 103 at a course where I've never broken 115.

Three pars, and several chances for birdie.

The finishing hole was a par 4 277 yards, which I drove past the green, nearly taking out the leg of a guy just leaving the green.

David LoPan 06-17-2007 10:50 PM

I shot my best round of my life today at 88.

Considering I was shooting well into the 100s in March I'm way happy with my progress.

My dad of course shot a 77 on a par 72 (standard).

soon2b 06-17-2007 10:55 PM

My cousin works at a local country club out here in Ohio. Its called Tanglewood I believe(sp?). He said I can come out whenever and golf with him for free. Never seen the course, but it should be fun

dcasper70 06-18-2007 08:13 AM

Cyprian Keyes, West Boylston MA

Short game left me, could easily have been 82 or 83.

Three putts suck.

Gary The Retard 06-18-2007 06:48 PM

Uggggh

Shot a 105 today...was +7 on the front nine and + a $hitload on the back.

Every [censored] drive I pulled and hit two water hazards trying to get cute...also tried to hit the green in two on a massive par 5, that didn't work.

El o El - no pars or birdies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Back to the range 4 me.

bonds 06-18-2007 06:59 PM

Had something of a gut ripper on Saturday. Shot a pedestrian 41 on the front, then figured some things out. Made 3 birdies against 1 bogey on the back through 16, then pulled my approach into 17 slightly. Hit a tree guarding the edge of the green, ball disappeared, couldn't find it. Commence golf tilt.

Triple - double finish for an 81. I'm still ticked two days later about losing that ball.

Acein8ter 06-19-2007 12:05 AM

Shot 83 today, it's a great score for me... Too many bogeys on the back nine... woulda, coulda, shoulda shot in the high 70's... woulda been a first.

Gary The Retard 06-19-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shot 83 today, it's a great score for me... Too many bogeys on the back nine... woulda, coulda, shoulda shot in the high 70's... woulda been a first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone take a long break b/w the front and back nine. I find my fatigue to be getting the best of me. I was gonna shoot 90 if I played the same on front nine as back nine, but I think I just got tired and [censored].

I'm not really out of shape either.