Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Bin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Never Trust Anyone (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284637)

genuinejon 12-16-2006 11:02 AM

Re: Never Trust Anyone

Brandi, get some advice from people who are not involved in poker (e.g. lawyer, relatives, shrink, old friends). It may not seem like it, but you have plenty of time to work things out. Life sucks sometimes, people suck sometimes. Sometimes, you need help. I think you should seek counselling from professionals. I'm not saying you are psycho, but there are a lot of things going on here that I think you should address whether or not you continue to play poker.

Also, please tell us more stories.

BrandiRose 12-16-2006 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how old are you Brandi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Although ~ after this situation, I feel a lot older. I will never trust anyone again.

jcmoussa 12-16-2006 11:09 AM

This thread is hilarious. Brandi, im in vegas for another day, do you want to get drinks tonight? I promise i wont try to turn you into an alcoholic, and im not old enough to come off as a total creep, so im pretty safe. Also, why hasnt there been any the captain makes it happen quotes yet??

aggie 12-16-2006 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brandi - I suggest you see a psychologist. Anyone who thinks about suicide in this situation needs help. Turning to this forum with your story was a horrible idea, you just made it 10x worse for yourself. Sane people contact the police or a lawyer when something as traumatic as this happens to see what can be done, but then again sane people trust themselves with their own money - get my drift? Don't get me wrong, I do feel bad for you. But I also think you have self worth issues that allowed you to get yourself in this scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. Brandi, i truly hope things work out for you.

Dan Druff 12-16-2006 11:10 AM

You could be sued, but given your (likely true) claims of being broke, any judgment against you would be virtually worthless. Therefore, you have little to fear regarding a lawsuit at this point. You can't squeeze blood from a stone.

I read your bio. You seem to have a lot of life experience already, and you must have some street smarts. Can you honestly tell us that you accepted Franklin's "mentor" offer without a second thought that he might be doing it to get in your pants? How are we supposed to totally believe your story when you are portraying it that you were completely shocked and blindsided by his intentions?

I have been in poker for a number of years now. Not once has someone offered to be my mentor. Not once has someone asked me to share their hotel room with them as they pay for my travel/hotel expenses. Why? Because I am not a young girl, and nobody seems to desire to put their penis on my back. My point? I think you knew exactly why Tom was being so generous with you. I am afraid that, even if your charges against him are true, you are trying to sell us an unbelievable story that he tricked the naive young girl into trusting him, and subsequently shocked her with his lewd antics.

Phresh 12-16-2006 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will never trust anyone again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very poor outlook, Brandi. You should search for a more positive lesson from this whole mess.. it's not that you shouldn't trust anyone again, it's that you shouldn't trust random people you've recently met. Trust me, babe.

n1nj4.br 12-16-2006 11:11 AM

Brandi,

U learned your lesson (not trust anyone, specially when $ is involved).

Cant u go to a friends/family house and stay there for a while? Try to get a simple job, make like 1k, deposit online and start playing cash games or whatever. I dont know how is your play, but if u are smart u can beat low stakes games easily.

u'll see that playing online is MUCH better than playing live in some many ways.

BrandiRose 12-16-2006 11:14 AM

I swear I did not know. I had been approached by a lot of people. Some of them came off scummy. He did not. He even went as far as to reassure me that he did not want anything sexual from me and that he just likes to help young people because it makes him feel good.

Perhaps I was riding waves of grandeur and my defenses were down a bit. I'm not used to people being so dishonest and I'm not used to this industry. I honestly just thought he wanted to help me.

BrandiRose 12-16-2006 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brandi,

U learned your lesson (not trust anyone, specially when $ is involved).

Cant u go to a friends/family house and stay there for a while? Try to get a simple job, make like 1k, deposit online and start playing cash games or whatever. I dont know how is your play, but if u are smart u can beat low stakes games easily.

u'll see that playing online is MUCH better than playing live in some many ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... this is the plan I've come up with. I just don't know who or where I can stay. Obviously I need a car to stay in Vegas. I left a message with my dad this morning, but that is a touchy situation. I'm praying that he will let me stay with them in Nashville and give me a construction job (he has his own company). He usually pays my brothers $10/hr. Plus, I'm a good cook... so maybe I can cook meals for families on the side. Or perhaps get a job bar tending at nights. I'll probably get two or three jobs so that I can get my bankroll up all the sooner and also be so busy that it takes my attention away from being depressed over the situation.

WelshMackem 12-16-2006 11:24 AM

Re: \"She asked for it\"

[ QUOTE ]
Is this some kind of a dare? A bet perhaps?

Are you trying to cause as much disgust as possible? What are you doing exactly?

Take a bee line to your confessional and wait for the next priest to show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The suggestion that BluffThis takes it up the Gary Glitter from the local Catholic clergy is a daring raise, I like it. However; it might explain the degree of mysogonism evident in his posts.

Either that or this is a snap from his family album:

http://www.chipheads.ch/welten/fanta...en/troll-1.jpg

And he's got exactly what he wanted.